Swith advice please

Old July 7th 06, 07:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Cyberdog

Default Swith advice please

Hi,
If I have a Netgear FS108, (8 port) switch, and a Netgear FS116 (16 port)
switch can I connect one to the other to make it a 24 port switch. If so would
I just connect port 1 to port 1.
Thanks
Old July 7th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dougal

Cyberdog wrote:

Hi,
If I have a Netgear FS108, (8 port) switch, and a Netgear FS116 (16 port)
switch can I connect one to the other to make it a 24 port switch. If so would
I just connect port 1 to port 1.
Thanks

Yes - but you'll obviously lose the use of the two ports making the
interconnection.

I think that you have a free use of which ports that use you for this
purpose, too.
Old July 7th 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Cyberdog

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 19:58:16 +0100, Dougal
DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk wrote:

Cyberdog wrote:

Hi,
If I have a Netgear FS108, (8 port) switch, and a Netgear FS116 (16 port)
switch can I connect one to the other to make it a 24 port switch. If so would
I just connect port 1 to port 1.
Thanks

Yes - but you'll obviously lose the use of the two ports making the
interconnection.

I think that you have a free use of which ports that use you for this
purpose, too.

Hi,
Thanks for the confirmation, I was not 100% sure. As for the two link ports
that I will lose well that will not be a problem as I will probably only ever
need 20, so I will have spare capacity.
Thanks