Are TalkTalk all that bad?

Old July 8th 06, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zzaaarathustra

Default Are TalkTalk all that bad?

So... are there people who've had a good experience with TalkTalk.. I can
see many posts telling how bad it is..

Old July 8th 06, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Big Brian

"Zzaaarathustra" wrote in message
So... are there people who've had a good experience with TalkTalk.. I can
see many posts telling how bad it is..

Phone service is great, Internet , doe sthe job of allowing you to serve net
and email.

I dont use it for anything else as I have a Blueyonder internet.

The talk talk ADSL does work though and never had a problem.

Old July 8th 06, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Zzaaarathustra" wrote in message
So... are there people who've had a good experience with TalkTalk.. I can
see many posts telling how bad it is..

It depends what you use it for. It's fine for casual use as in checking
email or looking at the lottery numbers. Anything else and you have network
shaping stopping games, reduced speeds, blocked ports preventing peer2peer
programs working and whatever else they do to make it almost a self
contained content.
Look how many fools were taken in by the clever adverts before checking it
out properly. Why pay MORE than you would for a BT line and ADSL ? People
on TalkTalk are paying line rental, then additional fees for packages they
will not use - so it's more expensive - then you have connection fees!

WAKE UP everyone!

Old July 8th 06, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 08 Jul 2006, "Dave" wrote:

Why pay MORE than you would for a BT line and ADSL ?

OK, show some figures to prove that!

I'm not one to recommend TalkTalk, but you've typed that before thinking,
and it will be fun to see you try to show a comparable combination with
BT line rental that cost the same, let alone less! Peter Morgan.
Old July 9th 06, 01:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zzaaarathustra

I'm not a gamer, and just listen to the radio on line.. so it sounds ideal..
and the price is ok, if the service is reasonable, if it really is all
included for 20.

Right now I'm with NTL cable.. they used to be appallingly bad, but have
been ok of late...

Old July 10th 06, 03:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Zzaaarathustra:

"poster" wrote in message
On 08 Jul 2006, "Dave" wrote:

Why pay MORE than you would for a BT line and ADSL ?

OK, show some figures to prove that!

I'm not one to recommend TalkTalk, but you've typed that before
thinking, and it will be fun to see you try to show a comparable
combination with BT line rental that cost the same, let alone less!
Peter Morgan.

I'm not a gamer, and just listen to the radio on line.. so it sounds
ideal.. and the price is ok, if the service is reasonable, if it
really is all included for 20.

Right now I'm with NTL cable.. they used to be appallingly bad, but
have been ok of late...

When I was with TalkTalk you just had to forget about streaming the
service was that bad you'd be buffering every few seconds, downloads
were crap, browsing was slow, email was useless (luckily I had my own
email). Never had any of these problems before TalkTalk on Pipex or
after TalkTalk on Pipex, though now with Telewest and very happy.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old July 14th 06, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterD

Zzaaarathustra wrote:

So... are there people who've had a good experience with TalkTalk.. I can
see many posts telling how bad it is..

Don't know about their service, because after ordering broadband from
them on 25th April, and being given a "June" activation date, at the end
of June they changed their activation date to 15th August. Which has
changed again to just "August". So far, four months to provide nothing.

Not bad service, just no service at all. And this isn't the free
broadband offer, this is paid for.

--
Pd
Old July 14th 06, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman

"PeterD" wrote in message
alid...
Zzaaarathustra wrote:

So... are there people who've had a good experience with TalkTalk.. I can
see many posts telling how bad it is..

Don't know about their service, because after ordering broadband from
them on 25th April, and being given a "June" activation date, at the end
of June they changed their activation date to 15th August. Which has
changed again to just "August". So far, four months to provide nothing.

Not bad service, just no service at all. And this isn't the free
broadband offer, this is paid for.

--
Pd

I quit TT two months ago and they have again felt the urge to charge me
26.99 despite having my BB from Nildram now. Just waiting for the paper
bill to come in before I declare war!!

Norman