Trust PH-2200 Internet Phone Audio Question

Old July 8th 06, 08:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ciska Hoving

Default Trust PH-2200 Internet Phone Audio Question

Hi

I bought the Trust PH-2200 Internet Phone and am using it with Skype. It is
a very good phone, however, when I have the phone connected via USB, no
sound comes from the speakers of my PC. Everything comes through the phone.
Which is a bit annoying when you're trying to play music on the PC!

Is there any way to hear audio from my PC through the PC speakers while
having the phone connected?

Old July 8th 06, 09:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Ciska Hoving" wrote in message
Hi

I bought the Trust PH-2200 Internet Phone and am using it with Skype. It

is
a very good phone, however, when I have the phone connected via USB, no
sound comes from the speakers of my PC. Everything comes through the

phone.
Which is a bit annoying when you're trying to play music on the PC!

Is there any way to hear audio from my PC through the PC speakers while
having the phone connected?

In basic terms, the USB phone is a soundcard. You've installed the device
and it has become your default soundcard and you need to configure the
devices to your needs.

Old July 8th 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ciska Hoving

wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 09:59:38 +0200, "Ciska Hoving"
, wrote:

Is there any way to hear audio from my PC through the PC speakers while
having the phone connected?

Yes. That is the whole idea of having a USB phone/headset.
It gives you 2 soundcards. You have an audio-setting wrong.
If you have Skype Test Call working OK re-look at Skype's
Tools Menu/ Options - Sound Devices. Set Audio In and Audio out to
your USB phone/headset.
Pop into Windows Control Panel and Select Sound & Audio
Devices/Audio. Check that your setting has not changed.
You should have Sound Playback set to your Soundcard and
Sound Recording set to your USB phone/headset.

HTH
Wik

Thanks all. I got it sorted now