Sipgate & Netgear DHG834G

Old July 8th 06, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
I'm Old Greg

Default Sipgate & Netgear DHG834G

I've been on Sipgate for the last 3 months using an Actiontec router, all
working OK. A couple of days ago the router got zapped in power cut/surge or
whatever, I now have the above named netgear router, I've tried the manual
and the Netgear website but can't find how to forward the ports needed for
sipgate, phones ring but no audio. Can anyone explain how it's done, the old
Actiontec was dead simple, like me I suppose.

Jon G8JPW

Old July 8th 06, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"I'm Old Greg" wrote in message
I've been on Sipgate for the last 3 months using an Actiontec router, all
working OK. A couple of days ago the router got zapped in power cut/surge
or
whatever, I now have the above named netgear router, I've tried the manual
and the Netgear website but can't find how to forward the ports needed for
sipgate, phones ring but no audio. Can anyone explain how it's done, the
old
Actiontec was dead simple, like me I suppose.

Jon G8JPW

I just downloaded a DG834G manual from the Netgear web site and its in
section 5.4
Don't know about the DHG834G though. Google doesn't seem aware or it
either.

73's
--
Graham. G3ZVT

%Profound_observation%

Old July 8th 06, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
I'm Old Greg

"Graham." wrote in message

"I'm Old Greg" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the info Graham, if all else fails 'Read The Manual'. All I got
with this router was the basic Install Guide nothing about port forwarding.
The router is a DG834G, the H was just finger trouble. I've downloaded the
manual now so should be OK soon.

Thank again for nudging my brain back into gear

73's Jon

Old July 10th 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Hicks

"I'm Old Greg" wrote in message
I've been on Sipgate for the last 3 months using an Actiontec router, all
working OK. A couple of days ago the router got zapped in power cut/surge
or
whatever, I now have the above named netgear router, I've tried the manual
and the Netgear website but can't find how to forward the ports needed for
sipgate, phones ring but no audio. Can anyone explain how it's done, the
old
Actiontec was dead simple, like me I suppose.

Jon G8JPW

Hi,
I also use SIPGate and I'm using a Netgear DG834 v2.
When I first had my Netgear it did some very odd things at first, until I
downloaded the latest firmware update from Netgear's website and applied it.
That was before I started using SIPGate though.
I've never had any trouble with SIPGate.
The Netgear router just worked, fine, out of the box. All I've done is
change the admin password. Don't change any other settings!
SIPGate works fine, the Netgear router has NAT and SPF firewalls, my Safecom
IP phone simply worked it all out for itself.
Not sure how I can help you really.

Try the latest firmware update and see how that goes.

Mike
Glastonbury