Choose To Refuse

Old July 8th 06, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PajaP

Default Choose To Refuse

The one thing I am likely to miss most now I am moving to VoIP as my
only telephone access is BT's 'Choose To Refuse service'.

I have a PAP2T and accounts with Gradwell and Sipgate.

Is there any way I can implement a similar set-up?

--
Thx.
PajaP
Old July 21st 06, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

PajaP wrote:
The one thing I am likely to miss most now I am moving to VoIP as my
only telephone access is BT's 'Choose To Refuse service'.

I have a PAP2T and accounts with Gradwell and Sipgate.

Is there any way I can implement a similar set-up?

Just noticed this, has been unanswered!

Yes, on your PAP2T you can just put numbers in divert field... And if
you divert them to any random number.. most providers just send these
calls to voicemail
Old July 21st 06, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean explained :
PajaP wrote:
The one thing I am likely to miss most now I am moving to VoIP as my
only telephone access is BT's 'Choose To Refuse service'.

I have a PAP2T and accounts with Gradwell and Sipgate.

Is there any way I can implement a similar set-up?

Just noticed this, has been unanswered!

Yes, on your PAP2T you can just put numbers in divert field... And if you
divert them to any random number.. most providers just send these calls to
voicemail

divert what to a random number...? confuzzed.

Old July 21st 06, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Sorry, did not explain well

If you do to user 1 or 2 on the PAP2 you will see

Cfwd Sel1 Caller: Cfwd Sel1 Dest:

You just put the callers number in 1st box... 08702402559 for example
(sales noob who called other day)

Then in 2nd box put in a destination number. e.g. 123.

Some providers actually divert the call to the number you enter... Some
dont accept it and direct callers to voicemail.

If it does divert it, you could put something random so caller gets a
number not recognized message..
Old July 21st 06, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mattpark

Im sure you can set up a similar service very easily over VoIP.

Gradwell may offer something like a pbx account, where you can set up
calls to be handled how you fancy. Sipgate is a very no frills
service last time i checked so you probably wont het anywhere with
them

Of course another option is to dig out and old pc and install trixbox
on it. (the replacement for [email protected]). Very easy to understand
and its completely free!

Hope this helps.

Matt
---
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com
Old July 21st 06, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sean" wrote in message
Sorry, did not explain well

If you do to user 1 or 2 on the PAP2 you will see

Cfwd Sel1 Caller: Cfwd Sel1 Dest:

You just put the callers number in 1st box... 08702402559 for example
(sales noob who called other day)

Then in 2nd box put in a destination number. e.g. 123.

Some providers actually divert the call to the number you enter... Some
dont accept it and direct callers to voicemail.

If it does divert it, you could put something random so caller gets a
number not recognized message..

Ah, yes. I do that already! Understand you now. ;-)

For some reason I got CTR mixed up with ACR.

Got any tips for ACR?

Old July 22nd 06, 11:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Jono wrote:

Ah, yes. I do that already! Understand you now. ;-)

For some reason I got CTR mixed up with ACR.

Got any tips for ACR?

CTR?

I've already given tips for ACR!
Old July 22nd 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Sean wrote:

CTR?

I've already given tips for ACR!

Ignore that.

The heat is doing strange things to my mind!

ACR...... Depends what your SIP provider sends on anonymous calls... Its
often Unknown... Just put this in the caller ID field .. instead of
number of person you don't want to talk to
Old July 22nd 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean explained :
Jono wrote:

Ah, yes. I do that already! Understand you now. ;-)

For some reason I got CTR mixed up with ACR.

Got any tips for ACR?

CTR?

I've already given tips for ACR!

CTR = Choose to Refuse

ACR = sorry, must've lost 'em.

Old July 22nd 06, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

It happens that Sean formulated :
Sean wrote:

CTR?

I've already given tips for ACR!

Ignore that.

The heat is doing strange things to my mind!

ACR...... Depends what your SIP provider sends on anonymous calls... Its
often Unknown... Just put this in the caller ID field .. instead of number
of person you don't want to talk to

Want to implement it in aah.