Starting MS Flight Simulator disables net file sharing

Old July 9th 06, 12:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Barry

Default Starting MS Flight Simulator disables net file sharing

Seem to have developed an odd problem. File sharing on my network of 3
computers through a netgear router works fine except when I light of
Microsoft Flight Simulator which seems to disable file sharing from the
computer running FS to any others on the network. File sharing between the
other computers continues to work. I get the error meassage about
"permissions".
Anybody any clue on what might cause this?
Barry

Old July 9th 06, 02:53 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
James Taylor

Barry wrote:

Seem to have developed an odd problem. File sharing on my network of 3
computers through a netgear router works fine except when I light of
Microsoft Flight Simulator which seems to disable file sharing from the
computer running FS to any others on the network. File sharing between the
other computers continues to work. I get the error meassage about
"permissions".
Anybody any clue on what might cause this?

I'm just guessing but maybe MS Flight Sim is poorly written and captures
*all* network traffic at a lower level than the rest of the IP stack
(perhaps for speed/latency gains) and as a result any PC running the
game can't do much else.

--
James Taylor