Thinking of subscribing to NTL?

Old July 9th 06, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

Default Thinking of subscribing to NTL?

"Alex" wrote in message
Copied reom:

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/

"As part of the ongoing project to maintain and upgrade our Broadband
network, there is a requirement to carry out maintenance and upgrades
on components which may result in a loss of service for the duration.

Not sure what your point is exactly.

All ISPs have to carry out maintenance, upgrades and remedial work. If we
didn't you'd still be connecting at 9.6K (those were the days lol)

However, most work can be carried out live, with no (or very little) impact
to the customer.
Our team plan and manage all works were possible live. If we do have to
interrupt services as part of planned works we have to get permission from
several Directors, and go through a process that can take weeks or even
month. If there's a fault that requires an outage to rectify, the outage is
kept to an absolute minimum and where possible carried out at the lowest
impact time (in the wee small hours).
Any work that might contain a risk to any network platform has to be carried
out between midnight and 6am.

No ISP can guarantee 100% service availability, it's virtually impossible
[1] .. unless you can make suggestions ?

[1] Even Telehouse (Docklands) have had outages !

Old July 9th 06, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Glen" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 13:55:49 +0100, "Gizmo" wrote in
uk.telecom.broadband:

Not sure what your point is exactly.

Do you work for NTL?

Why change posting names ?