MaxDSL - Speed has droped back down to 2Mbit ?

Old July 9th 06, 12:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.amstereoradio.info

Default MaxDSL - Speed has droped back down to 2Mbit ?

5 days in to this daft 'training' period and my speed has droped back down
from around 5Mb to what I was on before - 2Mbit - normal or not ? I have a
feeling it will not go back up again now though connectons are stil very hit
and miss, like ADSL with a poor dial up line frequently engaged :-(

Old July 9th 06, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , www.amstereoradio.info says...
5 days in to this daft 'training' period and my speed has droped back down
from around 5Mb to what I was on before - 2Mbit - normal or not ? I have a
feeling it will not go back up again now though connectons are stil very hit
and miss, like ADSL with a poor dial up line frequently engaged :-(

unplug your modem/router for about 40 minutes and then try again. See
what cycling it does, if you haven't already.

You need to disconnect the modem from the circuit completely.

FR
Old July 9th 06, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Flying Rat" wrote in message
In article , www.amstereoradio.info says...
5 days in to this daft 'training' period and my speed has droped back
down
from around 5Mb to what I was on before - 2Mbit - normal or not ? I have
feeling it will not go back up again now though connectons are stil very
hit
and miss, like ADSL with a poor dial up line frequently engaged :-(

unplug your modem/router for about 40 minutes and then try again. See
what cycling it does, if you haven't already.

You need to disconnect the modem from the circuit completely.

No no had to do this anyway to use the dial up modem, no change at all.
This is my final speed it would seem

Old July 10th 06, 01:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.amstereoradio.info

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
I got just over 3mb down speed when 1st enabled on Max DSL, but +Net
have advised its now pegged at 2mb, as BT have decided that's the
stable rate.

Hmm seems 2mb for me then, what a load of ****

Old July 11th 06, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

www.amstereoradio.info wrote:
5 days in to this daft 'training' period and my speed has droped back down
from around 5Mb to what I was on before - 2Mbit - normal or not ? I have a
feeling it will not go back up again now though connectons are stil very hit
and miss, like ADSL with a poor dial up line frequently engaged :-(

Hi,
I've also noticed that delivered speed varies from what one was
actually sold for. There use to be free speedtest and other speed
related sponsored links at http://www.speedtest-online.co.uk/ and I
tend to time to time to check that domain to see what new is on offer.
Like now there were over 20MB connection offers and one wonders whether
they are for real or will it be up and down like traditioonal DSL
connections too? Hope you will find something useful for you too...Pappa