Cheapest way to ring South Africa

Old July 9th 06, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woggle

Default Cheapest way to ring South Africa

Have got an SPA 3000 and currently running voip.co.uk

Am off to South Africa with work for the whole of September and would
like your thoughts on this.

Am trying to work out the cheapest way for my wife to call me whilst
I'm out there.

She'll be calling from a mix of both her mobile and our landline (can
you route calls from her mobile through voip.co.uk or similar?) and
she'll be calling to a mix of my mobile and a landline.

I'm trying to work out the cheapest way to do it:

- is it worth asking her to dial into our home number and then out on a
cheaper line?
- will I need to change voip.co.uk or add another voip provider? Any
thoughts
- Will I need a South African mobile SIM card or should I keep my UK
one?

Thanks!

Mark

Old July 9th 06, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woggle

Actually just compared the following to South Africa:

BT Peak: 0.5199
BT Off-Peak: 0.4599

Voip.co.uk: 0.085
Voip.co.uk mobile: 0.250

Call Union Peak: 0.047
Call Union Off-Peak: 0.047
Mobile Peak: 0.141
Mobile Off-Peak: 0.141

Anyone know of anyone who can beat Call Union?

Has anyone used Call Union?

Old July 9th 06, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Woggle wrote:

Anyone know of anyone who can beat Call Union?

voipstunt - 0.0348 inc vat to landlines

Old July 9th 06, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Harry Stottle

"paul123" wrote in message
ps.com...

Woggle wrote:

Anyone know of anyone who can beat Call Union?

voipstunt - ? 0.0348 inc vat to landlines

Or if she wants to dial from a BT or NTL line without any bother, or
registration, 4p/minute from www.Dialwise.co.uk
Just dial 0844 428 46 46 then the South Africa number, or 10p/minute to
South Africa mobiles using 0871 999 91 91

Old July 10th 06, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PeterW

[posted and mailed]

"Woggle" wrote in
oups.com:

[...]

Have a look at http://www.ourfavouritecompanies.com/Peak/phone-
rates/SouthAfrica.shtml

There are 7 companies (dialthrough) at 3p/min. I have used a couple of
these in the past (Telestunt & DiscountDial) and they seem to work OK. It
costs around 5p of course if the destination is engaged, but its better
than BT's 52p/min. They must think that we are all idiots. How can they
justify seventeen times the price.

Peter