BT Major Service Outages

Old July 10th 06, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Skokiaan

Default BT Major Service Outages

My broadband connection failed at about 14:30 on Sat.(also several of
my neighbour's) I sent an incident report to my ISP at about 18:30 but
as their support dosen't seem to work over the weekend it obviously
wasn't passed on to BT.
The connection was down until 20:32 on Sunday. According to the BT
major outages log they only detected the problem at 17:50 on Sunday.
Are there any suggestions as to speeding up this process?

Old July 10th 06, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Christopher

"Skokiaan" wrote in message
ups.com...
My broadband connection failed at about 14:30 on Sat.(also several of
my neighbour's) I sent an incident report to my ISP at about 18:30 but
as their support dosen't seem to work over the weekend it obviously
wasn't passed on to BT.
The connection was down until 20:32 on Sunday. According to the BT
major outages log they only detected the problem at 17:50 on Sunday.
Are there any suggestions as to speeding up this process?

Surely in your case, the solution would be to convince your ISP to work
weekends ? I'm sure that BT will be blamed, but they cannot fix something
when they are not made aware that its broken.

Old July 10th 06, 10:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 10-Jul-2006, "Christopher" wrote:

Surely in your case, the solution would be to convince your ISP to work
weekends ?

That doesn't always work, corporate website server down
for weekend, asked ISP about why they don't have an
SNMP management console and 24/7/365 coverage.
Reply "We do" but the on call engineers cellphone was
down.
How very convenient for a peaceful weekend.