Trixbox & Voipfone

Old July 10th 06, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Default Trixbox & Voipfone

Anyone got any advice on a small issue. I need a new phone number which I
can rely on so got a geographic number from Voipfone and patched that into
my home Trixbox system which I am nd have been testing for a while.

I can get it working for inbound and outbound, but what I am finding is that
it appears to fail to keep its registration, after an hour or so if I try
and call it I just get voicemail message from voipfone
If I reboot it then works fine for a while,

My sipgate accounts do not fail like this.

Anyone got any ideas? the forum on voipfone seems to have several people who
have had the same problem, but no resolution

Using trixbox 1.0 on DMZ hosted PC

Thanks

Old July 10th 06, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

RH wrote:
Anyone got any advice on a small issue. I need a new phone number which I
can rely on so got a geographic number from Voipfone and patched that into
my home Trixbox system which I am nd have been testing for a while.

I can get it working for inbound and outbound, but what I am finding is that
it appears to fail to keep its registration, after an hour or so if I try
and call it I just get voicemail message from voipfone
If I reboot it then works fine for a while,

My sipgate accounts do not fail like this.

Anyone got any ideas? the forum on voipfone seems to have several people who
have had the same problem, but no resolution

Using trixbox 1.0 on DMZ hosted PC

Thanks

are you using their old or new network?

reg proxy of the new network is sip.voipfone.co.uk this might help

Mat

Old July 10th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Mathew Curtis" wrote in message
oups.com...
RH wrote:
[...]

Tried on both voipfone.co.uk and sip.voipfone.co.uk

Got it working by adding RTPkeepalive=60 in sip.conf, which seems to have
work.

now struggling on getting voicemail to work. I swear the whole point of open
source software
is to make things as complicated as painful as possible!

Old July 10th 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

RH wrote:
[...]

I have the same issue with VoIPCHEAP
I have tried various values in defaultexpirey= and maxexpirey= I will try
RTPkeepalive= and see if it helps
using AAH 2.7

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old July 11th 06, 10:40 AM
mattpark mattpark is offline
Junior Member

Location: Durham, United Kingdom
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham.
"RH" wrote in message

"Mathew Curtis"
wrote in message
oups.com...
RH wrote:
[...]

Im not trixbix expert, bu i found that most issues you think are with a provider, are actually with your setup. Well is was like that with [email protected] at least. Tweak tweak twek
UK Specifc VoIP Forum - http://ukvoiptalk.com
Now with new reviews secton at http://ukvoiptalk.com/reviews/