SIP Client software for Windows Mobile 5?

Old July 11th 06, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

Default SIP Client software for Windows Mobile 5?

Hello

Can anybody recommend VoIP softphone for Windows Mobile 5 PDA/Phone?

I have tried the beta from SJPhone and got exactly nowhere with it.

Thanks

Lee

Old July 11th 06, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

"Lee" wrote in message
Hello

Can anybody recommend VoIP softphone for Windows Mobile 5 PDA/Phone?

I have tried the beta from SJPhone and got exactly nowhere with it.

It's for an O2 Xda Exec [=HTC Universal] if it makes any difference.

Lee

Old July 11th 06, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Lee wrote:
Hello

Can anybody recommend VoIP softphone for Windows Mobile 5 PDA/Phone?

I have tried the beta from SJPhone and got exactly nowhere with it.

Is that a smartphone? If that's the case, SJPhone will not work on your
device as is.

If you are trying to use your phone with wifi, I have just found on
woize.com, and installed their program that works well with
smartphones, but you have to use their voip service...

Also, there are ways to overclock your device in order to use Skype on
your phone, at your own risk! Here you can find more info:
http://oregonstate.edu/~keiterk/?p=20

Good luck!

Pasquale

Old July 12th 06, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

wrote in message
oups.com...
Lee wrote:
Hello

Can anybody recommend VoIP softphone for Windows Mobile 5 PDA/Phone?

I have tried the beta from SJPhone and got exactly nowhere with it.

Thanks Pasquale

Is that a smartphone? If that's the case, SJPhone will not work on your
device as is.

Nope. It's a regular WM5 PDA with Phone functions - O2 XDA Exec. This is not
running WM5 Smartphone Edition.

If you are trying to use your phone with wifi, I have just found on
woize.com, and installed their program that works well with
smartphones, but you have to use their voip service...

Yeah, I saw that. I already use voipfone and did not really want to change.

Also, there are ways to overclock your device in order to use Skype on
your phone, at your own risk! Here you can find more info:
http://oregonstate.edu/~keiterk/?p=20

I already use Skype very effectively. I had not noticed the need to
overclock but will check out the link.

Thanks.

Old July 12th 06, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

wrote in message
oups.com...
Lee wrote:
Hello

Can anybody recommend VoIP softphone for Windows Mobile 5 PDA/Phone?

Also, there are ways to overclock your device in order to use Skype on
your phone, at your own risk! Here you can find more info:
http://oregonstate.edu/~keiterk/?p=20

This article relates to overclocking a slow TI-chip phone to 240Mhz in order
to reduce Skype lag.

My CPU is Intel and already 530MHz so I do not intend to use this tool.

Thanks for the ref though.

Old July 12th 06, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ciccio

Lee wrote:

This article relates to overclocking a slow TI-chip phone to 240Mhz in order
to reduce Skype lag.

Ok, I thought you were referring to a smartphone...

My CPU is Intel and already 530MHz so I do not intend to use this tool.

I also own a Dell Axim PDA with a similar processor.

I use the SJ Labs softphone, http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html, which
works pretty well with 2 different voip services on it. Configuration
is pretty simple.

Note: to use this softphone you must register for free on their site
and add the activation number on your device.

I hope this helped.

ciao
Pasquale