yet another Asterisk / Trix Box question - voicemail

Old July 11th 06, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Default yet another Asterisk / Trix Box question - voicemail

Any bods help me out here as to what the correct way to get voicemail
emailing is. been trying but can not find any real doco

I am running trixbox 1.1

I install the voicemail option in trixbox and set up email for voicemail and
followed some advice from nerdvitties site
Change etc/hosts file to give the second line my domian name ( I am on a
fixed IP so have static name as well)
changed /etc/asterisk/vm_general.inc to have a correct from email address
then issued echo CGasterisk.dyndns.org sendmail.cf

When I restart I still get no voice mail, but the the webserver function has
died

on some sites it has talked about setting up sendmail but I cannot find
those links now

When I try and leave voice mail and confirm it complains about an error

Last time I tried on version trixbox 1.0 I did manage to get voicemails
accepted and even voicemail light to flash on the phone
but with 1.1 I can not even get that far.

Odd thing that did happen a few months ago with *@H I had the same problem
could not get voicemail to work, took
the unit round to a friends, plugged it in and all emails started to be sent

Old July 11th 06, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

RH wrote:
[...]

Don't know if this'll help, but, to setup sendmail, enter as root on
your Trixbox machine, then type in:
setup-mail

I've never had to change the host file to get voicemail by email to
work.