Ooops - PN

Old July 11th 06, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Default Ooops - PN

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07..._email_fiasco/

Graham

Old July 11th 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

"Graham" wrote in message
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07..._email_fiasco/

Graham

Sorry if it's old news - just found it.

Graham

Old July 11th 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Who me?

PlusNET a such stupid ****s... they should cut their losses and jump ship

Old July 11th 06, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Jay

In message , Graham
writes
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07..._email_fiasco/

Oh dear. I wonder if they've lost all those email informing customers
they've gone over their monthly download limit.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
Old July 11th 06, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Graham" wrote in news:4hi15bF1re50kU1
@individual.net:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07..._email_fiasco/

Whilst it was a big cockup on behalf of the engineer, that article is
typical sensationalism and The Register have presented it in a way to
exagerate things.

"PlusNet would know by Friday evening whether the deleted emails are gone
for good"

Well excuse me for believing I'd read that the data recovery people were
reporting that there was a 1% loss of data which may even just be system
files as opposed to customer data and that the eta on having the data
back to PlusNet was Thursday..

--
Colin
Old July 11th 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

In article ,
says...

"Graham" wrote in message
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07..._email_fiasco/

Graham

Sorry if it's old news - just found it.

Old news or not, mistake or not, Plusnet continue to make monumental
cock-ups and customer PR disasters on any day ending in 'Y'...

Old July 11th 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Martin Jay wrote:
In message , Graham
writes
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07..._email_fiasco/

Oh dear. I wonder if they've lost all those email informing
customers
they've gone over their monthly download limit.

Well we already know they've lost all the LLU warning emails as no one
has been told, apparently.

Old July 11th 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

In article ,
[email protected] says...

Well we already know they've lost all the LLU warning emails as no one
has been told, apparently.

Perhaps that's the "1%" that's been lost for good?