Quite disgusted with voip.co.uk

Old July 11th 06, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Default Quite disgusted with voip.co.uk

Ok, before signing up i looked through tariffs and T&C's and was happy
with what i seen, so signed up.

Now i have noticed, at off peak times when two calls over lap, the
second one is charged for at 1p per minute. And the first is at 0p per hour.

During peak times, the two over lapping calls are both just 2p for up to
an hour.

I have mentioned to support I've been charged for second call, and been
told this is correct, but they admit it does not say it anywhere on the
website.

I've only now noticed peak calls are at same rate when there is more
than one.

Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?
Old July 11th 06, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sean" wrote in message
Ok, before signing up i looked through tariffs and T&C's and was happy
with what i seen, so signed up.

Now i have noticed, at off peak times when two calls over lap, the second
one is charged for at 1p per minute. And the first is at 0p per hour.

During peak times, the two over lapping calls are both just 2p for up to
an hour.

I have mentioned to support I've been charged for second call, and been
told this is correct, but they admit it does not say it anywhere on the
website.

I've only now noticed peak calls are at same rate when there is more than
one.

Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?

Hi Sean,

I have, on the contrary, been pleased with the way they speedily credited my
account when I've brought two billing errors to their attention.

I suppose that if you're using free calls from more than one phone, (or two
people are using it at once).........wouldn't it be safe to say you should
pay the package fee twice? (Devil's advocate!)

Jono.

Old July 11th 06, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Jono wrote:

Hi Sean,

I have, on the contrary, been pleased with the way they speedily credited my
account when I've brought two billing errors to their attention.

I suppose that if you're using free calls from more than one phone, (or two
people are using it at once).........wouldn't it be safe to say you should
pay the package fee twice? (Devil's advocate!)

Jono.

Well, thats what they are saying yes.

But it does not say this on the site! And i dont think i 'should have to
pay the package fee twice' With other providers i have used they have
been included no matter if more than one call is going through at the
same time. And when i signed up, it did not state this on the site, and
i think still does not. Even with BTBBT, you can make more than one
call, they don't charge you extra.
Old July 11th 06, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sean" wrote in message
Jono wrote:

Hi Sean,

I have, on the contrary, been pleased with the way they speedily credited
my account when I've brought two billing errors to their attention.

I suppose that if you're using free calls from more than one phone, (or
two people are using it at once).........wouldn't it be safe to say you
should pay the package fee twice? (Devil's advocate!)

Jono.

Well, thats what they are saying yes.

But it does not say this on the site! And i dont think i 'should have to
pay the package fee twice' With other providers i have used they have been
included no matter if more than one call is going through at the same
time. And when i signed up, it did not state this on the site, and i think
still does not. Even with BTBBT, you can make more than one call, they
don't charge you extra.

I kinow exactly what you mean.

..........they're employing fixed telco principles, methinks.

Old July 11th 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Jono wrote:

I kinow exactly what you mean.

.........they're employing fixed telco principles, methinks.

Well, even two calls on BT.. With three way calling.. costs just 30p
connection charge i think.. but calls are still at standard rate.

Old July 11th 06, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

O,n Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:59:17 +0100, Sean
wrote:

Ok, before signing up i looked through tariffs and T&C's and was happy
with what i seen, so signed up.

Now i have noticed, at off peak times when two calls over lap, the
second one is charged for at 1p per minute. And the first is at 0p per hour.

During peak times, the two over lapping calls are both just 2p for up to
an hour.

I have mentioned to support I've been charged for second call, and been
told this is correct, but they admit it does not say it anywhere on the
website.

I've only now noticed peak calls are at same rate when there is more
than one.

Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?

I am sorry to say this but I think that is quite reasonable.
They charge 2/month for 'free' evening/weekend calls and for the
priviledge of 2p/call at peak times. If you were on a BT landline you
would not be able to make 2 calls, simultaneously, on one number.
If you want two lots of free off-peak calls then you need to pay for
two accounts. They could just say that you can't do two simultaneous
calls. You could be running a business and expecting lots of 'free'
simultaneous calls all for 2/month.
Voip.co.uk, in my view, are the best value VSP in the UK as far as
call charges are concerned.
Doubtless that is why you chose them.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old July 11th 06, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Brian A wrote:

Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?

I am sorry to say this but I think that is quite reasonable.
They charge 2/month for 'free' evening/weekend calls and for the
priviledge of 2p/call at peak times.

Fair enough

If you were on a BT landline you
would not be able to make 2 calls, simultaneously, on one number.

You can

If you want two lots of free off-peak calls then you need to pay for
two accounts. They could just say that you can't do two simultaneous
calls. You could be running a business and expecting lots of 'free'
simultaneous calls all for 2/month.
Voip.co.uk, in my view, are the best value VSP in the UK as far as
call charges are concerned.
Doubtless that is why you chose them.

Well,i choose them because they looked very good value.

It says on tariff page

Multiple VoIP Logins

And call prices, does not say second call will cost. If it did, fair
enough, but it does not.

If two people in the house both make a 60 min call, and they don't
cross, I've still used 120 mins on there system, i don't see why if they
happen to cross over and be at same time, it should cost 60p.

Old July 11th 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Sean wrote:
Ok, before signing up i looked through tariffs and T&C's and was happy
with what i seen, so signed up.

Now i have noticed, at off peak times when two calls over lap, the
second one is charged for at 1p per minute. And the first is at 0p per
hour.

During peak times, the two over lapping calls are both just 2p for up to
an hour.

I have mentioned to support I've been charged for second call, and been
told this is correct, but they admit it does not say it anywhere on the
website.

I informed them that this wasn't mentioned in their Ts and Cs months
ago, and they said they'd ammend them straight away.

I personally think it is reasonable to charge for the second call, but
should be referenced somewhere.
Old July 11th 06, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Jono wrote:

Hi Sean,

I have, on the contrary, been pleased with the way they speedily credited my
account when I've brought two billing errors to their attention.

I've had to report several cases of overbilling to them on my accounts,
and the most recent one took months to be refunded.
Old July 11th 06, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 11/07/2006, Sean supposed :

If you were on a BT landline you
would not be able to make 2 calls, simultaneously, on one number.

You can

Not two distinctly different calls (two callers at your end & two
destinations) with two completely independent conversations.......