VPN's & the BT2700HGV

Old July 11th 06, 10:09 PM
Dan1el Dan1el is offline
Junior Member

Default VPN's & the BT2700HGV

Yo all

I've just installed the above mentioned router and all in all its not too bad (ish).

However there seems to be a lot lacking in the GUI when it come to the set up.

My issue is that I can figure out a way to set up GRE forwarding (ip protocol 47).
As this is not a TCP/UDP protocol its not just a case of opening up the relevant ports.

Any ideas? perhaps theres a command line interface which will allow this to be set up?

thanks for your help!!!!

dan
Old July 12th 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Dan1el wrote:

Any ideas? perhaps theres a command line interface which will allow
this to be set up?

Hi Dan,

Have you tried enabling the DMZ plus mode instead of port forwarding -
I would expect DMZ plus to work OK.

Regards

William MacLeod

Old July 12th 06, 08:35 PM
Dan1el Dan1el is offline
Junior Member

Hey William,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah it all works fine with DMZ mode, that was the first thing i checked, but to be honest its not very safe running like that.

Turns out I have managed to work around it for now, just got it workin about 5 mins ago

I've had to open a lot of ports:

1723 (TCP + UDP) - PPTP

50 + 51 (TCP + UDP) - (i think for GRE to work?)

1701 + 1702 (TCP + UDP) - one for sure will be for L2TP

500 (TCP + UDP) - IPSEC me thinks

and finally 47 (TCP + UDP) - ?????

at least is works, and i'll whittle out the ports one by one until i can say what i had to do to make it work.

anybody care to make corrections for me feel free.

thanks

dan