PING: Ivor (OT)

Old July 11th 06, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Default PING: Ivor (OT)

Hello Ivor,

Any useful Amateur Radio groups or sites.....or forums...?

Am thinking of taking the test........I hear it might be a little
easier these days.

Old July 11th 06, 08:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default Ivor (OT)

"Jono" wrote
in message
yonder.com.co.uk
Hello Ivor,

Any useful Amateur Radio groups or sites.....or forums...?

Am thinking of taking the test........I hear it might be
a little easier these days.

Don't know about easier, it's certainly different from what it was..!

Email me off group - g6urp01 at googlemail dot com

Ivor

Old July 11th 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Jono" wrote
in message
yonder.com.co.uk
Hello Ivor,

Any useful Amateur Radio groups or sites.....or forums...?

Am thinking of taking the test........I hear it might be
a little easier these days.

Don't know about easier, it's certainly different from what it was..!

Email me off group - g6urp01 at googlemail dot com

Ivor

'corse I remember when the RAE was a proper exam, non of this "guess which
is the most plausible out of these three answers"

IIRC you would get something like, "Draw the schematic diagrams of a Hartley
and a Colpitts oscillator and discuss the differences"

Now where did I put my Zimmer Frame

--
73,s, Graham, G3ZVT

%Profound_observation%

Old July 11th 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Graham." wrote in message

[snip]

'corse I remember when the RAE was a proper exam, non of
this "guess which is the most plausible out of these
three answers"
IIRC you would get something like, "Draw the schematic
diagrams of a Hartley and a Colpitts oscillator and
discuss the differences"
Now where did I put my Zimmer Frame

Same place as the Colpitts oscillator..?! g

Ivor (G6URP but who would have been a G3Z-something if I'd bothered about
it at school..!)

Old July 11th 06, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

Ivor Jones wrote:
snip
Ivor (G6URP but who would have been a G3Z-something if I'd bothered about
it at school..!)

Don't tell them about voice-over-7Plus

--
Nick B.
Old July 11th 06, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Nick B." wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:
snip
Ivor (G6URP but who would have been a G3Z-something if
I'd bothered about it at school..!)

Don't tell them about voice-over-7Plus

Now there's a thought g

Although I think the average conversation would exceed the 7-plus
number-of-parts limit..! I confess to getting rather fed up with the huge
number of unsolicited 7plus bulletins containing pictures of people's dogs
or whatever when I ran a BBS. Only having 1200 baud radio links was rather
limiting, but it was fun at times..!

Ivor

Old July 12th 06, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"The Invalid" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 23:15:56 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

[snip]

Although I think the average conversation would exceed
the 7-plus number-of-parts limit..! I confess to
getting rather fed up with the huge number of
unsolicited 7plus bulletins containing pictures of
people's dogs or whatever when I ran a BBS. Only having
1200 baud radio links was rather limiting, but it was
fun at times..!

Ivor

Well so was slow scan TV

Yes, but that was *supposed* to be slow ;-)

Ivor