Can I have ADSL on a line with incoming calls only?

Old July 12th 06, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pep

Default Can I have ADSL on a line with incoming calls only?

I would like to get my BT account changed to incoming calls only but also
want to get a ADSL connection.

Can I do this or do I have to have a normal BT account with outgoing calls?

TIA,
Pep.

Old July 12th 06, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

I would like to get my BT account changed to incoming calls only but
also want to get a ADSL connection.

Can I do this or do I have to have a normal BT account with outgoing
calls?

You have to have a normal BT line and pay the line rental.

Peter Crosland

Old July 12th 06, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pep

Peter Crosland wrote:

I would like to get my BT account changed to incoming calls only but
also want to get a ADSL connection.

Can I do this or do I have to have a normal BT account with outgoing
calls?

You have to have a normal BT line and pay the line rental.

Peter Crosland

Thanks, paying the line rental was never an issue as even incoming calls
only requires a line which you pay rental on. It's just that incoming
calls only is a cheaper line rental than a "normal" outgoing call line.

Cheers,
Pep.

Old July 12th 06, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:27:50 UTC, Pep wrote:

Thanks, paying the line rental was never an issue as even incoming calls
only requires a line which you pay rental on. It's just that incoming
calls only is a cheaper line rental than a "normal" outgoing call line.

Is it? Where is this documented?

http://www.broadbandbanter.com
Old July 12th 06, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Christopher

"Pep" wrote in message
Peter Crosland wrote:

I would like to get my BT account changed to incoming calls only but
also want to get a ADSL connection.

Can I do this or do I have to have a normal BT account with outgoing
calls?

You have to have a normal BT line and pay the line rental.

Peter Crosland

Thanks, paying the line rental was never an issue as even incoming calls
only requires a line which you pay rental on. It's just that incoming
calls only is a cheaper line rental than a "normal" outgoing call line.

Cheers,
Pep.

My understanding was that for a subscriber to request OCB [outgoing calls
barred] there was a single payment to BT of around 25 in addition to a
normal line rental. As an ADSL line is split between a voice line and the
Broadband connection, I can think of my reason why BT should not agree to
keep the voice part OCB.

Old July 12th 06, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

"Pep" wrote in message
I would like to get my BT account changed to incoming calls only but also
want to get a ADSL connection.

Can I do this or do I have to have a normal BT account with outgoing
calls?

TIA,
Pep.

It depends why/how you have incoming calls only -
1. are calls barred for non-payment?
2. is the line an "In contact" line?
3. have you merely added call barring?
4. have you asked for a permanent outgoing call bar?

The 1st two cannot have ADSL, the latter two, I'm sure can.

Old July 12th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , Owain
writes
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/c....boo/00023.htm

Can't see any broadband exclusion like there is with Low User Scheme.

You might need to go onto one of the "ordinary" BT options and then
select an Outgoing Calls Barred option.

Owain

Hmm, nice. Reading this guide it mentions 'take over' requiring no
internal changes, does this mean BT could take over a Bulldog line for
example or is it just for unbundled BT lines (if that makes sense?).
--
Clint Sharp
Old July 12th 06, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jim

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:20:44 +0100, Pep wrote:

I would like to get my BT account changed to incoming calls only but also
want to get a ADSL connection.

Can I do this or do I have to have a normal BT account with outgoing calls?

TIA,
Pep.

An OCB marker is compatible with broadband but line rental is paid at
the normal rate, and there is a one-off charge to have the OCB applied

jim