Tesco.net broadband any good

Old July 13th 06, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com

Default Tesco.net broadband any good

Hi
I am looking at Tesco broadband 1Mb (unlimited download) at 19.97
Anyone with Tesco.net broadband?
What do u think of it?
What are the news groups like?
Does it handle p2p - I can't find any info

--

Martin

Old July 13th 06, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Who me?

Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote in message
Hi
I am looking at Tesco broadband 1Mb (unlimited download) at 19.97
Anyone with Tesco.net broadband?
What do u think of it?
What are the news groups like?
Does it handle p2p - I can't find any info

DONT DO IT! Tesco is Crap...

No News Groups

Go for Pipex, I know its more, but it handles p2p

Old July 13th 06, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote in message
Hi
I am looking at Tesco broadband 1Mb (unlimited download) at 19.97
Anyone with Tesco.net broadband?
What do u think of it?
What are the news groups like?
Does it handle p2p - I can't find any info

Martin, I speak from first hand experience. My sister uses Tesco Broadband
and its just fine. Infact I am suprised (due to their excessive use) that
they don't get pulled up about it being over used. Her sons constantly use
it for torrent downloads almost 24/7. The service has never gone down in
over 2 years and the backbone network is actually supplied by NTL. Ignore
the comments suggesting that they are crap, its utter rubbish. I would
personally recommend Tesco.net from first hand experience.

Old July 13th 06, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"Who me?" wrote in message

Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote in message
Hi
I am looking at Tesco broadband 1Mb (unlimited download) at 19.97
Anyone with Tesco.net broadband?
What do u think of it?
What are the news groups like?
Does it handle p2p - I can't find any info

DONT DO IT! Tesco is Crap...

No News Groups

Rubbish, Tesco.net is hosted on NTL so any of NTLs free newsservers like
news.ntli.net
which i'm using now works fine

But I would say the other ISP hosted on NTL which is Virgin.net could be
better value than tesco

Steve Terry

Old July 13th 06, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bazzer Smith

"Who me?" wrote in message

Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote in message
Hi
I am looking at Tesco broadband 1Mb (unlimited download) at 19.97
Anyone with Tesco.net broadband?
What do u think of it?
What are the news groups like?
Does it handle p2p - I can't find any info

DONT DO IT! Tesco is Crap...

No News Groups

Really, what is news.tesco.net then?

Go for Pipex, I know its more, but it handles p2p

Old July 13th 06, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Bazzer Smith opined loudly:
"Who me?" wrote in message

Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote in message
Hi
I am looking at Tesco broadband 1Mb (unlimited download) at 19.97
Anyone with Tesco.net broadband?
What do u think of it?
What are the news groups like?
Does it handle p2p - I can't find any info

DONT DO IT! Tesco is Crap...

No News Groups

Really, what is news.tesco.net then?

news.tesco.net & news.ntli.net are the same thing both are IP 62.273.170.163
--

Yddap

Old July 13th 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Holdford

Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote in message
Hi
I am looking at Tesco broadband 1Mb (unlimited download) at 19.97
Anyone with Tesco.net broadband?
What do u think of it?
What are the news groups like?
Does it handle p2p - I can't find any info

--

Martin

No problem here with Tesco, or thier news server.

Bob

Old July 13th 06, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:52:39 +0100, "Tony"
wrote:

Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote in message
.. .
Hi
I am looking at Tesco broadband 1Mb (unlimited download) at 19.97
Anyone with Tesco.net broadband?
What do u think of it?
What are the news groups like?
Does it handle p2p - I can't find any info

Martin, I speak from first hand experience. My sister uses Tesco Broadband
and its just fine. Infact I am suprised (due to their excessive use) that
they don't get pulled up about it being over used. Her sons constantly use
it for torrent downloads almost 24/7. The service has never gone down in
over 2 years and the backbone network is actually supplied by NTL. Ignore
the comments suggesting that they are crap, its utter rubbish. I would
personally recommend Tesco.net from first hand experience.

I install routers and ADSL modems in my customers' houses and out of
AOL, Tiscali, BT, Wanadoo and Pipex (which I use myself) all 2mb,
Tesco is the fastest.

Old July 13th 06, 11:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Furniss

Who me? wrote:
Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote in message

Hi
I am looking at Tesco broadband 1Mb (unlimited download) at 19.97
Anyone with Tesco.net broadband?
What do u think of it?
What are the news groups like?
Does it handle p2p - I can't find any info

DONT DO IT! Tesco is Crap...

No News Groups

Go for Pipex, I know its more, but it handles p2p

Have Pipex stopped throttling bittorrent now then?

They used to on the "unlimited" (but you got permanently throttled if
you used it too much) account I was on, irrespective of your usage.

Andy.
Old July 14th 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com

Than you for all you replies
I'm on Plusnet Broadband Premier at 21.99, mostly because I wanted
p2p, but tesco looks better value at 17.97
I can only get 512K broadband on my line
Now to decide
--

Martin