Stats screen says 6689 Mbits but downloads only 175kb/s ?

Old July 14th 06, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.amstereoradio.info

Default Stats screen says 6689 Mbits but downloads only 175kb/s ?

My router stats page says 6689 Mbit though any speed test shows 1.4Mbit, so
can only download around 175kb/s what is the problem ?

Old July 14th 06, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:55:14 +0100, "www.amstereoradio.info"
wrote:

My router stats page says 6689 Mbit though any speed test shows 1.4Mbit, so
can only download around 175kb/s what is the problem ?

If you have had any connection below 2272Kb in the last 3 days
(theoretically, it usually seems to take more like 4-5 to be reset
upwards), then your BRAS rate will have been set to 1500Kbs.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
God heals and the doctor takes the fee.