'Talktalk' 'broadband'

Old July 14th 06, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Default 'Talktalk' 'broadband'

Is anyone else having trouble with :-

inability to connect

undue wait for call to be answered on 'help' line

'help' line staff unable to assist

I got 'connected' 23/5 after 6 of 'help' line calls @ 10p minute I gave up
and cancelled my direct debit that got a response in the form of a letter
asking why...........................................

graham

Old July 14th 06, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Graham:
Is anyone else having trouble with :-

inability to connect

undue wait for call to be answered on 'help' line

'help' line staff unable to assist

I got 'connected' 23/5 after 6 of 'help' line calls @ 10p minute I
gave up and cancelled my direct debit that got a response in the form
of a letter asking why...........................................

graham

This is normal for TalkTalk, they have been like this since day one when
people had to pay, everyone was warning people not to go with them, they
have only got worse now they are offering 'free' broadband, you pay
buggerall, you get buggerall service.

They aren't known as the worst provider for nothing, yes they are worse
than Tiscali.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old July 14th 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave P

If there's anything about TalkTalk in the group {{{{{Welcome}}}}} comes out
and blasts it. He's not been a customer for years. I have been and still am
with good service at a good price.

Yawn yawn.

Dave

Old July 15th 06, 07:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pier Danone

"Dave P" wrote in message
| If there's anything about TalkTalk in the group {{{{{Welcome}}}}} comes out
| and blasts it. He's not been a customer for years. I have been and still am
| with good service at a good price.
|
| Yawn yawn.
|

| Dave

Then you are either very tolerant, very lucky or a liar.

Old July 15th 06, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

"Graham" wrote in message
Is anyone else having trouble with :-

inability to connect

undue wait for call to be answered on 'help' line

'help' line staff unable to assist

I got 'connected' 23/5 after 6 of 'help' line calls @ 10p minute I gave
up
and cancelled my direct debit that got a response in the form of a letter
asking why...........................................

graham

I've been trying to set it up for someone else. My own experience showed
that the software and/or setup process did not seem to work well. We would
do the same thing time and again and would get the countdown reach zero and
it would hang, but if we then cancellled it would show that that stage was
successful ! The line and TTB tests would fail but _while_ one of the
checks (the line check ?) was being done I was able to use IE and get a web
page up !

Ultimately, we had to give in because we could not authenticate either
manually or using the installation software. We called the number from the
TT line and the automated system said that the line was not even a TT one !
The BB activation date was some time in June and the ID and password were on
the main letter so we didn't screw up there. Anyone else seen this and can
explain what the score is ?

Thanks

Old July 15th 06, 04:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 15 Jul 2006, "Pier Danone" wrote:

Then you are either very tolerant, very lucky or a liar.

While I've no wish to suggest TalkTalk to even an enemy, I don't call
someone a liar when they make a simple comment about having used some
service and *not* had the same problems as someone else has reported.

If you check back, it is probably 12 to 15 months since {{{Welcome}}}
has been using TalkTalk broadband, and moved away because his type of
use (including peer-to-peer) was hampered by their traffic controller
scheme.

It might well be the case that there are still problems with TalkTalk,
but it was a simple rebuff to a regular's anti-TalkTalk posting, to
put it in context. If there's a posting about Plus.Net, odds are
some rather fanatical anti-PN posters will come out and add their
few penneth...

I note that "been like this since day one" ... "everyone was warning
people not to go with them" was in one posting, with no comment that
{{{Welcome}}} had used the service [ie despite suggesting it was bad
from the start, no admittance of having also been 'burnt'] It may
be more easily accepted as an honest view and not the routine 'hate'
posting if some more information had been included. eg 'When I used
them in 2005 (January to March), I found ...' - I guessed at January/
March to give some idea of how I might have phrased it myself... PGM
Old July 15th 06, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 16:01:33 +0100, poster wrote:

[...]

It would be nice if those that post here would comment only upon their actual
experiences and not perceived problems and issues with other ADSL providers.
There is obviously a base cost in providing an ADSL: service to a subscriber
and if that is very low or zero, then that service is likely to have a
downside that is unacceptable to some or all users. Even paying top dollar
doesn't give a first class ADSL service but it is pretty clear to anyone that
lurks here for any length of time, those ISPs who are best avoided. There are
also strong pointers to ISPs that have historically given a solid reliable
service at an acceptable price [and the hope is that will remain so].

As for TalkTalk, the feedback I have received from those that have joined is
that everything is OK but nothing spectactular to write home about. What
worries me is the length of contract they have and issues that might surface
if they ever wished to move to another provide when out of contract.

David Bradley

David Bradley

Old July 15th 06, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:54 +0100 (BST), (Paul
Cummins) wrote:

In article ,

(Dave P) wrote:

I have been and still am
with good service at a good price.

AOL...

Did you mean LOL?

David Bradley

Old July 15th 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh David Bradley:
wrote:

[...]

Yes, it was only a few months I was with them, Dec 04 to March 05, it
wasn't just P2P that was crawling at 0.5k/s but their email system was
ropey, web-browsing was extremely slow, constant disconnections, overall
a service that was unusable, I know a few people who are still trying to
escape as they too are fed up with the very poor service, I have yet to
see from others their service improve.

If you don't mind a very low rate service then it maybe fine, if you
want to be able to browse websites without having to worry whether it's
going to function then maybe look elsewhere.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk is always worth a read.