Small RJ45 Socket?

Old July 15th 06, 04:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt
Dave Farrance

Default Small RJ45 Socket?

I'm running cables under carpets and want to terminate them at
reasonably secure, but temporary, RJ45 network sockets on the skirting
boards.

No problem with TV coax, which I terminate with a Maplin mini coax
socket which has the cable coming in from the side and is fixed with a
single screw:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=957

Anybody know of something along those lines for RJ45?

--
Dave Farrance
Old July 15th 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt
Palindr☻me

Dave Farrance wrote:
I'm running cables under carpets and want to terminate them at
reasonably secure, but temporary, RJ45 network sockets on the skirting
boards.

No problem with TV coax, which I terminate with a Maplin mini coax
socket which has the cable coming in from the side and is fixed with a
single screw:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=957

Anybody know of something along those lines for RJ45?

Simplest for temporary connection points are RJ45 couplers.

I prefer adhesive velcro strips, to hold them in place. But I guess
double-side adhesive pads, hot melt glue or even leaving them free will
do nicely.

--
Sue

Old July 18th 06, 11:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt
Dave Farrance

Palindr?me wrote:

Dave Farrance wrote:
I'm running cables under carpets and want to terminate them at
reasonably secure, but temporary, RJ45 network sockets on the skirting
boards.

Simplest for temporary connection points are RJ45 couplers.

I prefer adhesive velcro strips, to hold them in place. But I guess
double-side adhesive pads, hot melt glue or even leaving them free will
do nicely.

Thanks. I decided to fix couplers with hot melt glue. Probably I'll need
to dab some paint when they get removed, but it's probably the way that
involves the least messing about.

--
Dave Farrance