Connecting to wireless router

Old July 16th 06, 10:36 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
TA

Default Connecting to wireless router

Following a system crash and repair I can no loner access the internet with
any software.

I have two PC's both connecting to a Draytek Vigor wireless router 2600. The
icon for the router in the systray in the problem PC shows it connected, but
I can't connect to the router with Internet Explorer or to the Internet with
any software.

The other PC works fine with the internet and can connect to the router too.

Have reinstalled the Draytek software on the problem PC. What can I try
next?

Old July 16th 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Fixer

TRY CONNECTING via a wired connection so you can get in and reset all the
passwords and check all your settings, if you can get in wired then the
chances are its only a settings issue
. com...

Old July 17th 06, 05:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
TA

The settings must be OK because the other PC is fine. I can't wire to it as
its at the opposite end of the house. I also can't access the windows
firewall, the service won't start.

open Administrator Tools, then open Services. You'll see Internet Connection
Sharing/Internet Connection Firewall in the listopen Administrator Tools,
then open Services. You'll see Internet Connection Sharing/Internet
Connection Firewall in the list

When I lok he

open Administrator Tools, then open Services. You'll see Internet Connection
Sharing/Internet Connection Firewall in the list

Internet connection isn't listed.

Its loking like a reinstall!

Old July 17th 06, 09:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Trevor

Have reinstalled windows and solved the problem. The thing I find starnge is
I have lost nothing - even the desktop wallpaper is still there. Hows that?