VOIP service with US number for incoming call

Old July 16th 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JA

Default VOIP service with US number for incoming call

Hi

Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US customers
to contact us using a US number?

I'm aware that Skype does that, but would probably prefer a non-software
solution. I also know about Vonage, but it's a bit pricy, and seems to
require that I pay by credit card mandate - which I hate.

--
JA
Old July 16th 06, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

Hi

Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US customers
to contact us using a US number?

I'm aware that Skype does that, but would probably prefer a non-software
solution. I also know about Vonage, but it's a bit pricy, and seems to
require that I pay by credit card mandate - which I hate.

--
JA

The last time I looked at this, the thing to do was to get a free Washington
state number from www.ipkall.com and forward it (forgive the pun), to a Free
World Dialup VoIP number.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 17th 06, 12:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Graham.:
Hi

Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US
customers to contact us using a US number?

I'm aware that Skype does that, but would probably prefer a
non-software solution. I also know about Vonage, but it's a bit
pricy, and seems to require that I pay by credit card mandate -
which I hate. --
JA

The last time I looked at this, the thing to do was to get a free
Washington state number from www.ipkall.com and forward it (forgive
the pun), to a Free World Dialup VoIP number.

Yes, I've been using IPKALL for at least 18 months, could be two years
now, I have it pointed to my Sipgate service.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old July 17th 06, 12:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Adam Aglionby

Stanaphone and redirect?

https://www.stanaphone.com/

Adam

Old July 17th 06, 12:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-07-16, JA wrote:

Hi

Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US customers
to contact us using a US number?

I'm aware that Skype does that, but would probably prefer a non-software
solution. I also know about Vonage, but it's a bit pricy, and seems to
require that I pay by credit card mandate - which I hate.

www.callunion.com have DID numbers for the United States but from what
say about Vonage you may not be attracted by what they charge. There is
also www.voxbone.com. With both these companies you can configure what
phone rings when the number is dialled.

www.stanaphone.com gives free New York numbers when you sign up for
their service but I think the number has to point to your Stanaphone
account. Which is fine if they provide a reliable SIP service.

Another idea is to give your customers one of the PSTN numbers which
www.sipbroker.com make available in the US. You open an account at, for
example, www.voiptalk.org, and also inform them of your Voiptalk number
and the peering code.

Brian.
Old July 17th 06, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

JA wrote:
Hi

Can anyone recommend a VOIP service we can use which allows US customers
to contact us using a US number?

We offer US numbers (and INTL ones too).

cheers
peter

Old July 17th 06, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

Graham. wrote:
The last time I looked at this, the thing to do was to get a free Washington
state number from www.ipkall.com and forward it (forgive the pun), to a Free
World Dialup VoIP number.

As well as IPKall, see www.freedigits.com with a free Iowa number or
paid other area codes - mine is forwarded to Voipfone SIP address.
Forward to pstn also possible from 3c per minute, and $1.80 free
sign-up credit