SPA3000 config

Old July 17th 06, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rupert

Default SPA3000 config

I've just got myself an SPA3000. The idea being to connect the FXO interface
to an analogue extension on my office PBX and then connect in over VoIP from
a remote SPA1000 so I can dial in/out of our PBX from home/anywhere.

The IP level of this set up is sorted - I'll always have a VPN back to the
office - but could someone point me in the direction of a how-to on how set
the ATAs up to achieve this config?

TIA

Rupert

Old July 17th 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Rupert wrote:
I've just got myself an SPA3000. The idea being to connect the FXO interface
to an analogue extension on my office PBX and then connect in over VoIP from
a remote SPA1000 so I can dial in/out of our PBX from home/anywhere.

The IP level of this set up is sorted - I'll always have a VPN back to the
office - but could someone point me in the direction of a how-to on how set
the ATAs up to achieve this config?

Look on:

http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html

In the sipura section.

Specifically,
http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/sp...1x_spa1001.pdf

Tim
Old July 21st 06, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rupert

Thanks, Tim. That's great. Got it working now.

I wonder if you/anyone can advise me on a few points through please:

*When I pick up the phone at the SPA1001 end, there's 20 seconds of ringing
before the 3000 goes off-hook on the FXO port and I can hear the PBX dial
tone??

*In an incoming call scenario the 3000 actually picks up the call and then
forwards it to the 1001. As a result any other extensions ringing on that
incoming call stop ringing and cannot answer the call. Is it possible to get
the 3000 just to relay the ringing to the 1001 without picking up the call.
If the phone on the 1001 should then be picked up, then the 3000 can pick up
the call in turn?

*It doesn't seem possible to dial * and # codes once connected - they seem
to be picked up by the local ATA as commands(?). In the same vain, is it
possible to relay a recall across this solution for call transfer purposes
on the remote PBX?

Thanks,

Rupert

Old July 21st 06, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rupert

"Rupert" [email protected] wrote in message

[...]

My apologies for top posting...

Old July 21st 06, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Rupert wrote:

*When I pick up the phone at the SPA1001 end, there's 20 seconds of ringing
before the 3000 goes off-hook on the FXO port and I can hear the PBX dial
tone??

Have a look at the settings called "PSTN Answer Delay" and "VoIP Answer
Delay" on the PSTN Line tab of the configuration.

*In an incoming call scenario the 3000 actually picks up the call and then
forwards it to the 1001. As a result any other extensions ringing on that
incoming call stop ringing and cannot answer the call. Is it possible to get
the 3000 just to relay the ringing to the 1001 without picking up the call.
If the phone on the 1001 should then be picked up, then the 3000 can pick up
the call in turn?

Upgrading to the latest firmware should resolve this issue.

*It doesn't seem possible to dial * and # codes once connected - they seem
to be picked up by the local ATA as commands(?). In the same vain, is it
possible to relay a recall across this solution for call transfer purposes
on the remote PBX?

If you look at the Regional tab of the configuration, you'll see a
section where a lot of Service Activation codes are defined. The codes
you are trying to send to the PBX will no doubt be conflicting with
these. Just change or remove any codes you want the SPA3000 to blindly
pass through to the PBX.

Cheers,
Paul.
Old July 22nd 06, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rupert

Paul,

paul hayes wrote:

Rupert wrote:

*When I pick up the phone at the SPA1001 end, there's 20 seconds of
ringing before the 3000 goes off-hook on the FXO port and I can hear the
PBX dial tone??

Have a look at the settings called "PSTN Answer Delay" and "VoIP Answer
Delay" on the PSTN Line tab of the configuration.

Both of these were set to 0. However I traced the problem to the 'Call
Forward Settings' under 'User 1' - I'd put 'gw0' under 'Cfwd No Ans Dest:'.
I moved it to 'Cfwd All Dest:' and that solved the problem...

*In an incoming call scenario the 3000 actually picks up the call and
then forwards it to the 1001. As a result any other extensions ringing on
that incoming call stop ringing and cannot answer the call. Is it
possible to get the 3000 just to relay the ringing to the 1001 without
picking up the call. If the phone on the 1001 should then be picked up,
then the 3000 can pick up the call in turn?

Upgrading to the latest firmware should resolve this issue.

Yep. That's sorted that.

*It doesn't seem possible to dial * and # codes once connected - they
seem to be picked up by the local ATA as commands(?). In the same vain,
is it possible to relay a recall across this solution for call transfer
purposes on the remote PBX?

If you look at the Regional tab of the configuration, you'll see a section
where a lot of Service Activation codes are defined. The codes you are
trying to send to the PBX will no doubt be conflicting with these. Just
change or remove any codes you want the SPA3000 to blindly pass through to
the PBX.

I've had a look at this. All the codes there seem to start with a *. The
codes I most need to use once off-hook on the PBX begin with # - so I can't
seem to find any conflicts to remove?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Rupert