NTL webmail restricted by IP address?

Old July 17th 06, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Chard

Default NTL webmail restricted by IP address?

Hi,

Does anyone know if NTL blocks some IP ranges to webmail.ntlworld.com?
We've found that as of today, one of our main IP blocks (163.1.0.0/16)
can't connect to it, but our other addresses are unaffected. Needless
to say NTL deny everything.

Thanks for any info
- Ian

--
Ian Chard, Unix & Network Administrator | E:
Systems and Electronic Resources Service | T: 80587 / (01865) 280587
Old July 17th 06, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Ian Chard" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know if NTL blocks some IP ranges to webmail.ntlworld.com?
We've found that as of today, one of our main IP blocks (163.1.0.0/16)
can't connect to it, but our other addresses are unaffected. Needless
to say NTL deny everything.

http://webmail.ntlworld.com/ connects ok
http://www.webmail.ntlworld.com/ doesnt connect - goes straight to google.

That's from Demon

Old July 17th 06, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:01:17 +0100, "Gizmo" wrote:

"Ian Chard" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know if NTL blocks some IP ranges to webmail.ntlworld.com?
We've found that as of today, one of our main IP blocks (163.1.0.0/16)
can't connect to it, but our other addresses are unaffected. Needless
to say NTL deny everything.

http://webmail.ntlworld.com/ connects ok
http://www.webmail.ntlworld.com/ doesnt connect - goes straight to google.

That's from Demon

Statements completely unrelated to the OPs question. Not every URL starts
with www so it is not suprising if you preceed webmail.ntlworld.com with www,
then the "page can not be found" is displayed.

I wonder if the problem of not getting to webmail.ntlworld.com is because it
is from a subnet /16? Perhaps a router configuration issue at the OPs end?

David Bradley
Old July 17th 06, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Ian Chard" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know if NTL blocks some IP ranges to webmail.ntlworld.com?
We've found that as of today, one of our main IP blocks (163.1.0.0/16)
can't connect to it, but our other addresses are unaffected. Needless
to say NTL deny everything.

http://webmail.ntlworld.com/ connects ok
http://www.webmail.ntlworld.com/ doesnt connect - goes straight to
google.

That's from Demon

Statements completely unrelated to the OPs question. Not every URL starts
with www so it is not suprising if you preceed webmail.ntlworld.com with
www,
then the "page can not be found" is displayed.

And you know for sure that the OP is using the correct formating ?
And, how do you know that ?

So ... what are the lottery numbers for this saturday ?

Old July 17th 06, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Winkless

Gizmo wrote:

"Ian Chard" wrote in message

Does anyone know if NTL blocks some IP ranges to webmail.ntlworld.com?
We've found that as of today, one of our main IP blocks (163.1.0.0/16)
can't connect to it, but our other addresses are unaffected.

And you know for sure that the OP is using the correct formating ?
And, how do you know that ?

Because he said that it works from some of their IP range?

So ... what are the lottery numbers for this saturday ?

They'll all be between 1 and 49.

Geoff
Old July 17th 06, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:15:48 +0100, in uk.telecom.broadband , "Gizmo"
wrote:

.. .

"Ian Chard" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know if NTL blocks some IP ranges to webmail.ntlworld.com?
We've found that as of today, one of our main IP blocks (163.1.0.0/16)
can't connect to it, but our other addresses are unaffected. Needless
to say NTL deny everything.

http://webmail.ntlworld.com/ connects ok
http://www.webmail.ntlworld.com/ doesnt connect - goes straight to
google.

Statements completely unrelated to the OPs question. Not every URL starts
with www so it is not suprising if you preceed webmail.ntlworld.com with
www,
then the "page can not be found" is displayed.

And you know for sure that the OP is using the correct formating ?
And, how do you know that ?

Come on now, when you make a mistake, be big enough to admit it. Whats
the point in posturing?
--
Mark McIntyre
Old July 20th 06, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Barrett

"Ian Chard" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know if NTL blocks some IP ranges to webmail.ntlworld.com?
We've found that as of today, one of our main IP blocks (163.1.0.0/16)
can't connect to it, but our other addresses are unaffected. Needless
to say NTL deny everything.

Thanks for any info
- Ian

--
Ian Chard, Unix & Network Administrator | E:
Systems and Electronic Resources Service | T: 80587 / (01865) 280587
Oxford University Library Services | F: (01865) 242287

Ian
if you can get to the login screen and then it wont let you login then yes
I've had this problem over certain connections.
Roger.