NewNet - any problems

Old July 17th 06, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Invisible Man

Default NewNet - any problems

Hi

Anyone know of any problems with NewNet?

Moving within 70 metres of an exchange where I should get 7Mb. Probably
use about 4Gb per month but that is bound to drift upwards.
No gaming.

Need at least 2 pop mailboxes and a very reliable connection.

TIA for any advice.
Old July 18th 06, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Charles Lindsey

In The Invisible Man writes:

Hi

Anyone know of any problems with NewNet?

Moving within 70 metres of an exchange where I should get 7Mb. Probably
use about 4Gb per month but that is bound to drift upwards.
No gaming.

Need at least 2 pop mailboxes and a very reliable connection.

Be careful to order the right package. They offer 4 packages at varying
speeds, but all for the same price. Normally, you want the MAXed one
(that's the right-most box on their website). I inadvertently clicked on
the slowest, so I get 500kbs and it is going to cost me 7.40 to upgrade
:-( .

Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133 Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9 Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5
Old July 19th 06, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Geddes

The Invisible Man wrote:
Hi

Anyone know of any problems with NewNet?

Moving within 70 metres of an exchange where I should get 7Mb. Probably
use about 4Gb per month but that is bound to drift upwards.
No gaming.

Need at least 2 pop mailboxes and a very reliable connection.

TIA for any advice.

I've signed up two users with them and everything has been fine. Not
needed Tech Support but I've tried a couple of test calls to them just
to see what the response was like - both answered promptly, by people
who seemed friendly - in the UK I think.

John Geddes
Derbyshire