BT Broadband Talk - Keeps Deconfiguring Itself - Any ideas?

Old July 17th 06, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Fred Finisterre

Default BT Broadband Talk - Keeps Deconfiguring Itself - Any ideas?

Hi,

I set up my Uncle with BT Broadband Talk. He has the Voyager 10V box from
BT. I cabled this up with his PC and his Netgear DG834G wireless router as
per the supplied set-up instructions.

Then I went to http://www.bt.com/bbv to activate/configure it.

I got it working. I know it was working, 'cos when I phoned from his phone,
the number presented to my mobile was his new 05600 xxxxxx number.

Thing is, it seems to work for a few days, and then just stops. Now when he
calls from his home phone, it's back to presenting his BT landline number.

And when I go back to www.bt.com./bbv and press CONFIGURE - I get PAGE NOT
FOUND.

This is the 2nd time it's stopped working. Anyone know why it might be?

And how come the CONFIGURE button works sometimes, and other times gives
PAGE NOT FOUND.

This BT Broadband Voice seems pretty flaky.

Cheers,

Fred.

Old July 18th 06, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JulianJ

Fred Finisterre wrote:
[...]

have you tried power cycling the 10v?
I had a 220v and that would drop out after a while. Turning it off and
back on again caused it to reregister.

The BT Home Hub I have hasn't shown that problem yet.

JulianJ