SKY Broadband to be launched today.

Old July 18th 06, 08:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default SKY Broadband to be launched today.

Latest press release from Reuters here.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/news...EDIA-BSKYB.xml

Old July 18th 06, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:
Latest press release from Reuters here.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/news...EDIA-BSKYB.xml

Site will be up and running this afternoon at
http://www.sky.com/broadband

Old July 18th 06, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
¬Stephen Hammond

http://www.sky.com/broadband

Lots of Info and prices on this PDF.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...PR18072006.pdf

or here http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2732

Mr Murdoch translation

We think we can make money out of broadband

Old July 18th 06, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

wrote in message
ups.com...
Latest press release from Reuters here.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/news...EDIA-BSKYB.xml

Interestingly they are bunging in their own equipment to the exchanges. I
thought maybe in the beginning they might piggyback from another provider
like Tesco does.
Its an interesting offer but those who jump first are going to be taking a
big risk on an unknown quantity. Still, somebody has to or they would never
get any customers. Good luck to those who move.

Old July 18th 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Beck
says...
Interestingly they are bunging in their own equipment to the exchanges. I
thought maybe in the beginning they might piggyback from another provider
like Tesco does.

they are not 'bunging' anything in as such, they already have it in
place from the Easynet purchase.

Which made a lot of sense as they bought a mature network with a strong
LLU presence already rolled out. More will presumably follow, as they
have the infrastructure to accomplish it in a much shorter timescale
than a new entrant. Easynet does have a substantial number of exchanges
already wired up, in the right locations for volume business.
Old July 18th 06, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Flying Rat" wrote in message
In article , Beck
says...
Interestingly they are bunging in their own equipment to the exchanges.
thought maybe in the beginning they might piggyback from another provider
like Tesco does.

they are not 'bunging' anything in as such, they already have it in
place from the Easynet purchase.

I see, thanks for the clarification.

Which made a lot of sense as they bought a mature network with a strong
LLU presence already rolled out. More will presumably follow, as they
have the infrastructure to accomplish it in a much shorter timescale
than a new entrant. Easynet does have a substantial number of exchanges
already wired up, in the right locations for volume business.

Well at least they are starting out on the right foot. Lets hope they have
the customer service to match it.

Old July 18th 06, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Sherunkle

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:52:34 +0100, Flying Rat
wrote:

In article , Beck
says...
Interestingly they are bunging in their own equipment to the exchanges. I
thought maybe in the beginning they might piggyback from another provider
like Tesco does.

they are not 'bunging' anything in as such, they already have it in
place from the Easynet purchase.

That's good.
For a moment I was thinking that it might be Amstrad kit..... ;o)

--
Bob
Old July 18th 06, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Beck
says...
Well at least they are starting out on the right foot. Lets hope they have
the customer service to match it.

if you want to get an idea of what it's like, try reading the UKOnline
forum over at ADSLMoan (sorry....ADSLGuide). It's the same outfit and I
wouldn't be surprised if they aren't ready to rebrand UKOnline as Sky.

I can't see them dumping broadband support onto the Sky Digital support
centres so it might be the UKOnline side of things which takes up the
work.

I used to use Easynet back in the late 90s. It was a great ISP in those
days. Dunno how they shape up now.

FR
Old July 18th 06, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Flying Rat" wrote in message
In article , Beck
says...
Well at least they are starting out on the right foot. Lets hope they
have
the customer service to match it.

if you want to get an idea of what it's like, try reading the UKOnline
forum over at ADSLMoan (sorry....ADSLGuide). It's the same outfit and I
wouldn't be surprised if they aren't ready to rebrand UKOnline as Sky.

I can't see them dumping broadband support onto the Sky Digital support
centres so it might be the UKOnline side of things which takes up the
work.

I used to use Easynet back in the late 90s. It was a great ISP in those
days. Dunno how they shape up now.

I didn't realise UKonline was part of that group too. Who else is under the
same company?
If this Sky package is successful I might switch to it in 6 months time. 6
months because a) it needs at least that time gauge customer opinion, and b)
I am still under plusnet contract. Happy with Plusnet but if I can get
broadband free with my sky package then it is ideal.

Old July 18th 06, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Beck
says...

"Flying Rat" wrote in message