accessing computer on which Video has died

Old July 18th 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default accessing computer on which Video has died

Hi,
I'm trying to access a computer on which the inbuilt video
connection has died. I've inserted a compatable video card in a PCI
slot but it doesn't fire the monitor when started up. Is is possible to
access the PC via the network connection or serial port from another PC
and get it to fire the new video card?

Thanks and regards,

Liam.

Old July 18th 06, 10:32 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alex Fraser

wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm trying to access a computer on which the inbuilt video
connection has died. I've inserted a compatable video card in a PCI
slot but it doesn't fire the monitor when started up.

Try an AGP card instead. Try clearing the CMOS RAM.

Is is possible to access the PC via the network connection or serial port
from
another PC and get it to fire the new video card?

Not without software to do it, and installing said software is likely to be
rather tricky without a display...

Alex

Old July 19th 06, 09:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tx2

on the 18 Jul 2006 13:17:14 -0700 posted a message to which I wish to
reply with...

I've inserted a compatable video card in a PCI
slot but it doesn't fire the monitor when started up.

You know the monitor (and PCI card) is working OK, I presume?