I'm Off to BT

Old July 18th 06, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

Default I'm Off to BT

After watching the News, I've applied for my MAC code and I'll be off to BT
Total broadband as soon as possible.

Clive

P.S I currently with PlusNet - so any ISP is better, but to go to the BEST,
well.... ;-)

Old July 18th 06, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
??What News??

Old July 18th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Clive wrote:
After watching the News, I've applied for my MAC code and I'll be
off
to BT Total broadband as soon as possible.

Clive

P.S I currently with PlusNet - so any ISP is better, but to go to
the
BEST, well.... ;-)

Look very carefully at the prices & the usage limits, you may have a
shock. I've just had a mooch around their site 22.99 for 40Gb with no
fixed IP, if I want to go unlimited I'd have to take up business
package at around £30 & then pay extra for just one fixed IP (£5+ a
month) & I need at least 4 (well actually 5 but who's counting).

Once again it's a case of don't look to the headlines look at the
small print or else you'll get bitten..

By the way, the latest news is that they are out of stock on the
phones anyway....

Mind you, don't let me stop you going, the more the merrier as far as
I'm concerned....

Old July 18th 06, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
??What News??

News that once again some folk have been fooled by the word "free" ;o)

Old July 18th 06, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 18-Jul-2006, "kráftéé" [email protected] you know
what'sgoodforu.pus.com wrote:

Once again it's a case of don't look to the headlines look at the
small print or else you'll get bitten..

The smaller the print the bigger the risk.
The experts put it in 4 point, 10 percent blue, on white.
Old July 19th 06, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger

"Clive" wrote in message

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
??What News??

Clive wrote:
After watching the News, I've applied for my MAC code and I'll be off

BT
Total broadband as soon as possible.

Clive

P.S I currently with PlusNet - so any ISP is better, but to go to the
BEST,
well.... ;-)

Taken from the BBC news item:
'The results of the tests do not indicate which ISP is best to use or
represents best value for money'

So basically the test results are a load of useless bol**cks then
really........? : ))

Old July 19th 06, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Christopher

"Roger" wrote in message

"Clive" wrote in message

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
??What News??

Clive wrote:
After watching the News, I've applied for my MAC code and I'll be off

BT
Total broadband as soon as possible.

Clive

P.S I currently with PlusNet - so any ISP is better, but to go to the
BEST,
well.... ;-)

Taken from the BBC news item:
'The results of the tests do not indicate which ISP is best to use or
represents best value for money'

So basically the test results are a load of useless bol**cks then
really........? : ))

In my opinion, BT is not only the fastest but also offers reliability and
longevity - unlike some of the recent upstarts. It may not be the cheapest
but its close.

Old July 19th 06, 02:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Carlyle-Clarke

"Christopher" wrote in
:

In my opinion, BT is not only the fastest but also offers
reliability and longevity - unlike some of the recent upstarts.
It may not be the cheapest but its close.

My experience of their tech & customer support is not encouraging ....
Old July 19th 06, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave {Reply Address in.Sig}

John Carlyle-Clarke wrote:
"Christopher" wrote in
:

In my opinion, BT is not only the fastest but also offers
reliability and longevity - unlike some of the recent upstarts.
It may not be the cheapest but its close.

My experience of their tech & customer support is not encouraging ....

That's true of most large organisations - while it works it's great, you
use it, they take your money and everyone is happy. Then something goes
wrong and it's all downhill from then on.

--
Dave
mail da (without the space)