Help Please

Old July 19th 06, 12:21 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Cyberdog

Default Help Please

Hi,
I have an Axis 207 IP Camera which is plugged into the ADSL router, and I have
forwarded port 80 for Internet access. I can view it over the LAN, but when I
try to access it over the Internet I am asked for my routers user name and
password. Surely this is not correct, as I have forwarded port 80 should I not
be able to connect straight through the router to the camera.
Thanks.
Old July 19th 06, 03:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
ric

Cyberdog wrote:

Hi,
I have an Axis 207 IP Camera which is plugged into the ADSL router, and I have
forwarded port 80 for Internet access. I can view it over the LAN, but when I
try to access it over the Internet I am asked for my routers user name and
password. Surely this is not correct, as I have forwarded port 80 should I not
be able to connect straight through the router to the camera.
Thanks.

nice easy one this! your adsl router has the "administer me over the
internet" option turned on. hence logging onto it remotely it's acting
as a little web server. turn this off and the port forwarding on port
80 will work...

Old July 19th 06, 06:52 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Cyberdog

On 19 Jul 2006 06:00:51 -0700, "ric" wrote:

Cyberdog wrote:

Hi,
I have an Axis 207 IP Camera which is plugged into the ADSL router, and I have
forwarded port 80 for Internet access. I can view it over the LAN, but when I
try to access it over the Internet I am asked for my routers user name and
password. Surely this is not correct, as I have forwarded port 80 should I not
be able to connect straight through the router to the camera.
Thanks.

nice easy one this! your adsl router has the "administer me over the
internet" option turned on. hence logging onto it remotely it's acting
as a little web server. turn this off and the port forwarding on port
80 will work...

Hi Ric,
I have a Netgear DG834 router/modem. I assume you are talking about "remote
management", if so I have this turned off by default but still can`t access
the camera.