Loss of US connectivity

Old July 19th 06, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Hudson

Default Loss of US connectivity

Anyone else seeing loss of connectivty to the US from their UK ADSL line?
I am seeing reports of this elsewhere on the internet but my connection is
OK.

It reminds me of the time when one of the undersea cables was damaged and
lots of ISP's got cut off from the US for a day or so (or rerouted very
slowly).

Old July 19th 06, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Gordon Hudson
says...
Anyone else seeing loss of connectivty to the US from their UK ADSL line?
I am seeing reports of this elsewhere on the internet but my connection is
OK.

It reminds me of the time when one of the undersea cables was damaged and
lots of ISP's got cut off from the US for a day or so (or rerouted very
slowly).

there were major power outages in New York last night that may have
caused problems with some transit.

I'm having no problems here on Eclipse but different ISPs have different
arrangements. Currently reading CNN which is Atlanta.
Old July 19th 06, 12:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Gordon Hudson" wrote in message

Anyone else seeing loss of connectivty to the US from
their UK ADSL line? I am seeing reports of this elsewhere
on the internet but my connection is OK.

It reminds me of the time when one of the undersea cables
was damaged and lots of ISP's got cut off from the US for
a day or so (or rerouted very slowly).

I had a slowness problem with a few US sites a couple of days ago but
thought nothing of it as it just happens every now and again. My guestbook
and weblog pages are hosted in the US and I noticed it when accessing
them.

Ivor