A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

TalkTalk ADSL MAX



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 19th 06, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15
Default TalkTalk ADSL MAX

According to there CS, TalkTalk wont be using BT's ADSLMAX until the
have installed there systems in the 70% of exchanges.

The 30% who are not TT enabled will not get anything over 2Mb until the
n (approx 4-6months)!!!

Isn't that a breach of contract as they claim up-to 8mb available
nationwide??
  #2  
Old July 19th 06, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 120
Default TalkTalk ADSL MAX

Xeonwales wrote:

Isn't that a breach of contract as they claim up-to 8mb available
nationwide??


Where is this claim?
  #3  
Old July 19th 06, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15
Default TalkTalk ADSL MAX

Colin Forrester wrote:
Xeonwales wrote:

Isn't that a breach of contract as they claim up-to 8mb available
nationwide??


Where is this claim?


'WE CAN OFFER YOU UP TO 8Mbps BROADBAND FOR 10 A MONTH

Unfortunately we are not currently planning to install our equipment in
your local telephone exchange so we can't offer you free broadband at
this time. We can still offer you TalkTalk broadband for the great price
of just 10 per month when you sign up for one of our Talk3 calling
plans. Of course, if we do install our equipment in your local exchange
in the future we will let you know and will offer you the chance to
switch to our free broadband service'


If you use the checker to find out if you can get the FREE service,
thins is the message i get....
  #4  
Old July 19th 06, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 120
Default TalkTalk ADSL MAX

Xeonwales wrote:
Colin Forrester wrote:
Xeonwales wrote:

Isn't that a breach of contract as they claim up-to 8mb available
nationwide??


Where is this claim?


'WE CAN OFFER YOU UP TO 8Mbps BROADBAND FOR 10 A MONTH

Unfortunately we are not currently planning to install our equipment in
your local telephone exchange so we can't offer you free broadband at
this time. We can still offer you TalkTalk broadband for the great price
of just 10 per month when you sign up for one of our Talk3 calling
plans. Of course, if we do install our equipment in your local exchange
in the future we will let you know and will offer you the chance to
switch to our free broadband service'


If you use the checker to find out if you can get the FREE service,
thins is the message i get....


But they don't claim that the 8Mbps speed or "free" service is available
nationwide - a quick check of their T&C's online reveals this.
  #5  
Old July 19th 06, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gundemarie Scholz
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 30
Default TalkTalk ADSL MAX

Xeonwales wrote:
Colin Forrester wrote:
Xeonwales wrote:
Isn't that a breach of contract as they claim up-to 8mb available
nationwide??


Where is this claim?


'WE CAN OFFER YOU UP TO 8Mbps BROADBAND FOR 10 A MONTH


I once learned that the phrase 'up to' should always be read as 'never
more than'. The context then was the duration that mobile phone
batteries last ('up to 70h stand-by time' means this number is only
reached under ideal circumstances), and so would I interpret this
marketing slogan.

And wouldn't it be a breach of contract only in the case that you
already have a contract with them that actually states they promise to
deliver you 8 Mbit/s?

Regards,
Gunde
  #6  
Old July 19th 06, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 88
Default TalkTalk ADSL MAX


"Xeonwales" wrote in message
...
According to there CS, TalkTalk wont be using BT's ADSLMAX until the have
installed there systems in the 70% of exchanges.

The 30% who are not TT enabled will not get anything over 2Mb until the n
(approx 4-6months)!!!

Isn't that a breach of contract as they claim up-to 8mb available
nationwide??


Think about it. 2mb is "up to 8mb". "Up to" means anything above 0 up to
8.
--
Keith Willcocks
(If you can't laugh at life, it ain't worth living!)


  #7  
Old July 19th 06, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15
Default TalkTalk ADSL MAX

Gundemarie Scholz wrote:
Xeonwales wrote:
Colin Forrester wrote:
Xeonwales wrote:
Isn't that a breach of contract as they claim up-to 8mb available
nationwide??

Where is this claim?


'WE CAN OFFER YOU UP TO 8Mbps BROADBAND FOR 10 A MONTH


I once learned that the phrase 'up to' should always be read as 'never
more than'. The context then was the duration that mobile phone
batteries last ('up to 70h stand-by time' means this number is only
reached under ideal circumstances), and so would I interpret this
marketing slogan.

And wouldn't it be a breach of contract only in the case that you
already have a contract with them that actually states they promise to
deliver you 8 Mbit/s?

Regards,
Gunde


So, they can legally offer me a 512Kb connection (which they have) when
i had a 2mb connection through Plus.net??

They can claim my line wont support more than 512Kb (even though my
router sync's @ 2mb)??
  #8  
Old July 19th 06, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 120
Default TalkTalk ADSL MAX

Xeonwales wrote:

So, they can legally offer me a 512Kb connection (which they have) when
i had a 2mb connection through Plus.net??

They can claim my line wont support more than 512Kb (even though my
router sync's @ 2mb)??


They can offer you whatever they like - you have a choice not to accept
their offer.
  #9  
Old July 19th 06, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15
Default TalkTalk ADSL MAX

Colin Forrester wrote:
Xeonwales wrote:

So, they can legally offer me a 512Kb connection (which they have)
when i had a 2mb connection through Plus.net??

They can claim my line wont support more than 512Kb (even though my
router sync's @ 2mb)??


They can offer you whatever they like - you have a choice not to accept
their offer.


But i did not know i was going to get 512Kb!!!

As far as i knew, i would still have the 2Mb connection (as i migrated
from plus.net)
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TalkTalk CLUCAS uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 21 June 3rd 06 01:42 PM
Sparkcom ADSL router disconnecting from TalkTalk [email protected] uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 May 23rd 06 05:46 PM
TalkTalk DNS down? Dave P uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 1 April 29th 05 04:30 PM
TalkTalk [email protected] uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 4 March 25th 05 07:16 PM
AASIP, ADSL, CPS & Talktalk OOOooo,,,___...oooOOO uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 7 January 17th 04 06:05 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.