Sky broadband details

Old July 19th 06, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doz

Default Sky broadband details

Here's one for all you Sky subscribers...

http://87.86.186.37/showmeskybroadband.htm

Upto 8Mb (yeah right) with 40 gig cap and free wifi router
(looks like rebranded 3com) with 24/7 support and all for a fiver a month.

Contract is for a year. Don't know if they charge a transfer of service fee.

--

Regards,
Doz
Old July 19th 06, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

Doz wrote on Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:18:05 +0100:

Here's one for all you Sky subscribers...

http://87.86.186.37/showmeskybroadband.htm

Upto 8Mb (yeah right)

It's an LLU service provided by Easynet, and will happily do up to 8Mb if
you have a line capable of it.

with 40 gig cap and free wifi router
(looks like rebranded 3com) with
24/7 support and all for a fiver a month.

Contract is for a year. Don't
know if they charge a transfer of service
fee.

e.

I guess you didn't click on the Terms and Conditions link. There's a 40
activation charge (except on the Max service which is free), which is
reasonable when you consider that many other ISPs charge closer to 55.

Dan

Old July 19th 06, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Orite

Sky Broadband is ONLY for Sky Customers.

FREE wireless Sky Broadband box - worth over 50

FREE 12 months protection with McAfee Internet Security Suite for PC users
(worth 49.98)

Easy self-install or professional home installation option, which is FREE if
you subscribe to Sky Broadband Max

Handy sky.com email addresses for you and your family, also accessible via
the internet, and a simple tool to transfer your online address book

Digital photo service for storing, sharing and printing your pictures

24/7 broadband technical support

Minimum subscription to your chosen Sky Broadband Product is 12 months. You
must be a UK active residential Sky TV subscriber throughout your Sky
Broadband subscription. Sky Broadband is only available to Sky TV
subscribers paying by Direct Debit/continuous credit card mandate.
Availability and speeds are subject to your location, a compatible line,
equipment and survey.

Monthly subscription: Base - Free; Mid - 5; Max - 10; Connect - 17.
Activation fee: Base - 40; Mid - 20; Max - free; Connect - 40. SHS Home
Installation: Free if you subscribe to Sky Broadband Max, otherwise 50.
Prices subject to change.

Monthly usage limit: Base: 2GB; Mid - 40GB; Max - Unlimited subject to Fair
Usage Policy; Connect - 40GB. Maximum download speed: Base - up to 2Mb;
Mid - up to 8Mb; Max - up to 16Mb; Connect - up to 8Mb. Maximum upload
speed: Base - up to 400Kb; Mid - up to 400Kb; Max - up to 768Kb; Connect -
up to 448Kb.

If your PC or laptop is not wireless enabled you can buy the necessary
equipment from Sky.

If you are a PC user you will receive 12 months free McAfee Internet
Security Suite worth 49.98. If you are a MAC user you will receive 12
months free McAfee Virex worth 29.99.

Eligibility and other terms apply.

Savings apply to Sky TV customers choosing a standalone broadband product
and assume that you are not in the minimum term of a broadband contract.

Information correct at July 2006.

Old August 7th 06, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:06:37 +0100, "Orite"
wrote:

[snip

If your PC or laptop is not wireless enabled you can buy the necessary
equipment from Sky.

[snip]

Does that mean that there will be no ethernet connection to the modem?
Old August 9th 06, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

It looks good and I just joined sky basic package to get the 40Gb
capped service (20 for decent looking broadband with router and basic
digital tv - rather than 20ish for broadband only with other isps)

however sky now tell me it's not available in my area (I don't live at
the back of nowhere in a field either) and won't be for at least
2months.

idiots.

very dissapointed.

Dashy

Old August 9th 06, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

No Spam wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:06:37 +0100, "Orite"
wrote:

[snip

If your PC or laptop is not wireless enabled you can buy the necessary
equipment from Sky.

[snip]

Does that mean that there will be no ethernet connection to the modem?

The picture on Sky's page looks exactly like a Netgear DG834 wireless
router.

That's got no less than 4 ethernet ports

http://www.netgear.com/upload/produc..._ds_dg834g.pdf

Old August 9th 06, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

it would appear I am that stupid! - I knew broadband was available as
I'd had it before - little did I know I was using and ASDL connection
and that the sky connection would require an LLU compatible exchange.

I would have thought Sky would be responible for checking it was
available when i signed up and said i wanted the broadband - however
they did not and i laboured under the assuption all would be ok.

I am glad you can find others who are more stupid than yourself mr
spack.

Spack wrote:
wrote on 9 Aug 2006 06:03:07 -0700:

It looks good and I just joined sky basic package to get the 40Gb
capped service (20 for decent looking broadband with router and basic
digital tv - rather than 20ish for broadband only with other isps)

however sky now tell me it's not available in my area (I don't live at
the back of nowhere in a field either) and won't be for at least
2months.

idiots.

very dissapointed.

Didn't you bother checking it was available in your area before signing up?
Even I'm not that stupid.

Dan

Old August 9th 06, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Strange, I filled out the broadband request form and was informed only a few
mins later that LLU wasn't in my area till the New Year. Are you saying you
got nothing at all from them?

And signing up to anything with a 12 month contract surely suggests a
cursory glance over the T&C and confirmation from a real person in writing
that the subscription required will be available from day 1, doesn't it?
It's madness not checking the details first.

Dan

Old August 10th 06, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Spack wrote:

Strange, I filled out the broadband request form and was informed only a few
mins later that LLU wasn't in my area till the New Year. Are you saying you
got nothing at all from them?

And signing up to anything with a 12 month contract surely suggests a
cursory glance over the T&C and confirmation from a real person in writing
that the subscription required will be available from day 1, doesn't it?
It's madness not checking the details first.

As I'm strongly considering getting sky and broadband when I'm back from
holiday at the end of August, I take it there's a way to ensure I can
get both before signing up for the satellite tv service? LLU is
definitely available where I am.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org