How do I set the correct time?

Old July 19th 06, 08:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Len Cuff

Default How do I set the correct time?

Netgear WGT624 router seems to think it's 1 Jan 2003 and I can't see
anyway of getting it to go out and get the correct time?

Anyone know how it's done?

TIA

cheers,
Len
Old July 19th 06, 10:11 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:29:11 GMT, Len Cuff
wrote:

Netgear WGT624 router seems to think it's 1 Jan 2003 and I can't see
anyway of getting it to go out and get the correct time?

Anyone know how it's done?

TIA

cheers,
Len

If its like my Netgear try:

Under Schedule enter an IP address for an NTP server (time server).
Your ISP probably has one in the form ntp.isp.co.uk
ping this url(from a command window) and you will see the IP address.

The help says the router should choose one automatically if you dont
enter one but ....

Robert

Robert
Old August 16th 06, 02:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

wrote:

Netgear WGT624 router seems to think it's 1 Jan 2003 and I can't see
anyway of getting it to go out and get the correct time?

Anyone know how it's done?

TIA

cheers,
Len

If its like my Netgear try:

Under Schedule enter an IP address for an NTP server (time server).
Your ISP probably has one in the form ntp.isp.co.uk
ping this url(from a command window) and you will see the IP address.

The help says the router should choose one automatically if you dont
enter one but ....

Robert

Robert

Mine is setting time by: "Send out NTP request to time-g.netgear.com" which
is resolved to 12.7.210.176