Orange Broadband

Old July 19th 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Seventhson

Default Orange Broadband

I'm currently on the Orange Max package but can't get an answer out of
Orange on when they will support ADSL max (so I'm currently on a 2Meg
connection instead of the possible 6 BT say I should get). Anybody know when
Orange are likely to support max? I'm considering switching to BT Total
option 3, is it worth it or should I wait for Orange?

Old July 20th 06, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales

Seventhson wrote:
I'm currently on the Orange Max package but can't get an answer out of
Orange on when they will support ADSL max (so I'm currently on a 2Meg
connection instead of the possible 6 BT say I should get). Anybody know when
Orange are likely to support max? I'm considering switching to BT Total
option 3, is it worth it or should I wait for Orange?

Chances are, as Orange are using LLU, they wont offer MAX until they
finish spending millions on installing there own equipment in BT's
exchanges (not 100% sure if this is true, but its what TalkTalk are doing).

TalkTalk said they wont offer BT ADSL MAX until 70% of the nation can
get there 'FREE' version.... Maybe the same for Orange
Old July 20th 06, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter James

"Xeonwales" wrote in message

Chances are, as Orange are using LLU, they wont offer MAX until they
finish spending millions on installing there own equipment in BT's
exchanges (not 100% sure if this is true, but its what TalkTalk are
doing).

TalkTalk said they wont offer BT ADSL MAX until 70% of the nation can get
there 'FREE' version.... Maybe the same for Orange

Being completely ignorant of what equipment an LLU ISP would install in a BT
exchange I have this mental image of a little brick building bursting at the
seams with extra kit Will every LLU ISP have to install its own kit in
every exchange, or will it be a case of the first one in gets that exchange
to the exclusion of all others?

--
Peter

Old July 20th 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 20 Jul 2006, "Peter James" wrote:

Will every LLU ISP have to install its own kit in every exchange

yes, apparently... some city exchanges have multiple LLU services, ours has
only one in place... remember there was lots of empty space when they went
from Strowger to System X kit, so they're now renting out space for a fee
(I assume)... space which had only air (?) in place for last 10 years!
Old July 20th 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Peter James wrote:

"Xeonwales" wrote in message

Chances are, as Orange are using LLU, they wont offer MAX until they
finish spending millions on installing there own equipment in BT's
exchanges (not 100% sure if this is true, but its what TalkTalk are
doing).

TalkTalk said they wont offer BT ADSL MAX until 70% of the nation can get
there 'FREE' version.... Maybe the same for Orange

Being completely ignorant of what equipment an LLU ISP would install in a BT
exchange I have this mental image of a little brick building bursting at the
seams with extra kit Will every LLU ISP have to install its own kit in
every exchange, or will it be a case of the first one in gets that exchange
to the exclusion of all others?

--
Peter

Hi

Try www.samknows.com

It will tell you which exchanges are enabled for ADSL Max, also which
exchanges have been LLU unbundled by Orange. Unfortunately, not
*exactly* what you need to know, but at least you can tell Orange what
the situation is at your local exchange!

Good luck!

Simon Clark
Business Telecoms

Old July 20th 06, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Seventhson

I sent this email to Orange:
"I would like to know when my connection will be 8 meg enabled via ADSL
max as I have been waiting since my exchange was enabled at the end of
march. All of your adverts only state 'upto 8meg when available in your
area', not when available via orange llu. Therefore I should already
have an 8 meg connection as it is available in my area. I am currently
considering moving to BT broadband where I would receive an actual upto
8meg (6 meg upwards from the bt checker) service, this after being a
happy freeserve/wanadoo/orange customer for 7 years.
Any help in this matter is appreciated."
,with my account details at the end. Here's the reply:
"Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for your email.
ADSL MAX is not currently compatible with our service. As soon as this
is made compatible we will upgrade you. Sory for any trouble caused.
If you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to get in
contact with us again.
Kind Regards
Customer Care
Orange Internet"