3-com Router with Mulitple Public IP's Configuration

Old July 20th 06, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AndyJ13

Default 3-com Router with Mulitple Public IP's Configuration

I have an ADSL line thru Zen, with 8 public IP addresses. My home
network consists of a 3-Com OfficeConnect ADSL wireless 11g firewall
router, 2 servers, and up to 8 clients.

The clients are assigned internal IP addresses by the router using
DHCP. The servers both have a single static internal IP address. The
router is configured using NAT to enable clients to access the
internet.

As I have an e-mail server and a seperate web server, I have been
forced to place them into the DMZ, so that they can receive external
requests.

Does anyone know how to reconfigure the router so that the servers are
NOT in the DMZ, but e-mail and web-traffic continues to work, and
client PC's can still access the internet?

I have seen suggestions concerning proxy servers, and if this is
necessary, does anyone know of a decent proxy server software for
Netware, (not BorderManager)?

Cheers,
AndyJ13

Old July 20th 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyer

"AndyJ13" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Use port forwarding ;-) I too have an email server behind a nat router, I
just forward ports 25 & 100 to the ip address of the pc running the server.

P.