Asterisk @ Home ... Sound file on answer...

Old July 20th 06, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Default Asterisk @ Home ... Sound file on answer...

Hi!

I would like on asterisk @ home to have a sound file of my choice played
to me when i pick up calls from different trunks... For example when i
pickup a call coming in on trunk 1, i would like "trunk 1" to be said
when i pickup the phone.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.
Old July 21st 06, 06:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JC

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:55:13 +0100, Sean
wrote:

I would like on asterisk @ home to have a sound file of my choice played
to me when i pick up calls from different trunks... For example when i
pickup a call coming in on trunk 1, i would like "trunk 1" to be said
when i pickup the phone.

Duno about @home, but on the standard Asterisk you can use the 'A'
option in the dial command to play any file to the person called on
answer, while the caller still hears ringing.

Rgds
Jonathan

Old July 21st 06, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Thank you very much!!! Have that working now

Been trying to find the opposite too... So when i pickup the phone it
can play a recording to the caller... save me saying a big script
Old July 21st 06, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Sean wrote:
Thank you very much!!! Have that working now

Been trying to find the opposite too... So when i pickup the phone it
can play a recording to the caller... save me saying a big script

Set up a ring group and select your recording from the "announcement"
option. Then in inbound routing, point the incoming number at that ring
group.

Old July 21st 06, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

paul123 wrote:
Set up a ring group and select your recording from the "announcement"
option. Then in inbound routing, point the incoming number at that ring
group.

Just thought, this is in freepbx.... I don't think AMP has that option.

Old July 21st 06, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sean" wrote in message
Thank you very much!!! Have that working now

Been trying to find the opposite too... So when i pickup the phone it can
play a recording to the caller... save me saying a big script

Surely that's a queue you want?

You could even use an IVR.

Old July 21st 06, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Yep, on [email protected] you cannot have announcement set on ring group..

for what i am doing

I'm happy with it is now!

So it's all ok