How to get a USA geo number here in the UK?

Old July 21st 06, 01:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓░░░

Default How to get a USA geo number here in the UK?

As per subject, wifey has an old friend living in LA, a local geo number
could be nice to let them chat for less (other party not so tech-savy to
embark on Skype, never mind real VoIP, but a phone is at reach).

Solutions?

TIA

--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid
Old July 21st 06, 01:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"▀°dincÁs▓░░░" wrote in message
er.co.uk
As per subject, wifey has an old friend living in LA, a
local geo number could be nice to let them chat for less
(other party not so tech-savy to embark on Skype, never
mind real VoIP, but a phone is at reach).

Solutions?

www.ipkall.com have Washington State area code 360 numbers free that you
can point at any SIP address. Not local to LA, but free, and many US phone
packages have inclusive calls to any US number; I have a friend in Arizona
that uses mine to call me.

Ivor

Old July 21st 06, 01:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓░░░

Recently, Ivor Jones popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...

|www.ipkall.com have Washington State area code 360 numbers free that you
|can point at any SIP address. Not local to LA, but free, and many US phone
|packages have inclusive calls to any US number; I have a friend in Arizona
|that uses mine to call me.
|
|Ivor

Thanks Ivor, I'll check with wifey's friend if she has such a phone
package.

P.S. Do you ever sleep???

--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid
Old July 21st 06, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

▀°dincÁs▓░░░ wrote:
Recently, Ivor Jones popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...

|www.ipkall.com have Washington State area code 360 numbers free that you
|can point at any SIP address. Not local to LA, but free, and many US phone
|packages have inclusive calls to any US number; I have a friend in Arizona
|that uses mine to call me.

Voicestick will give you a free LA number. Select their "next2nothing"
offer.
www.voicestick.com

Old July 21st 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 21 Jul 2006 01:53:09 -0700, "paul123" wrote:

▀°dincÁs▓░░░ wrote:
Recently, Ivor Jones popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...

|www.ipkall.com have Washington State area code 360 numbers free that you
|can point at any SIP address. Not local to LA, but free, and many US phone
|packages have inclusive calls to any US number; I have a friend in Arizona
|that uses mine to call me.

Voicestick will give you a free LA number. Select their "next2nothing"
offer.
www.voicestick.com

www.freedigits.com do a free geo afaik. I read somewhere that the free
ones were an Iowa numbers. You can pay for other areas.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.