ATA: Cheapest ATA

Old July 21st 06, 05:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

Default ATA: Cheapest ATA

Hi,

Can anyone advise:

(1) - Cheapest ATA
(2) - Cheapest ATA supporting POTS line and multiple SIP service
provider accounts

Thank in advance and best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. This is probably the best / cheapest I have found assuming my
understanding of its specification / capabilities is correct - the MG3 at
$29.99 from voicestick.com.

Old July 21st 06, 08:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default Cheapest ATA

"News Reader" wrote in message

Hi,

Can anyone advise:

(1) - Cheapest ATA
(2) - Cheapest ATA supporting POTS line and multiple
SIP service provider accounts

Not the cheapest but www.avm.de/en will do what you want and is IMHO the
best which is more important.

P.s. This is probably the best / cheapest I have found
assuming my understanding of its specification /
capabilities is correct - the MG3 at $29.99 from
voicestick.com.

$..? This is a UK group..

Ivor

Old July 21st 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Ivor Jones wrote:

"News Reader" wrote in message

P.s. This is probably the best / cheapest I have found
assuming my understanding of its specification /
capabilities is correct - the MG3 at $29.99 from
voicestick.com.

$..? This is a UK group..

Perhaps you could update the charter and specifically ban the mention of any
country other than the UK, and the use of any currency symbols other than
to avoid confusion?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
11:56:29 up 9 days, 2:36, 3 users, load average: 0.66, 0.49, 0.33

Old July 21st 06, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"alexd" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

"News Reader" wrote in message

P.s. This is probably the best / cheapest I have found
assuming my understanding of its specification /
capabilities is correct - the MG3 at $29.99 from
voicestick.com.

$..? This is a UK group..

Perhaps you could update the charter and specifically ban
the mention of any country other than the UK, and the use
of any currency symbols other than to avoid confusion?

You misunderstand. I wasn't suggesting a ban, I am merely curious as to
why someone is mentioning prices in $ in a uk group.

Ivor

Old July 21st 06, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Ivor Jones wrote:
"alexd" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

"News Reader" wrote in message

P.s. This is probably the best / cheapest I have found
assuming my understanding of its specification /
capabilities is correct - the MG3 at $29.99 from
voicestick.com.
$..? This is a UK group..

Perhaps you could update the charter and specifically ban
the mention of any country other than the UK, and the use
of any currency symbols other than to avoid confusion?

You misunderstand. I wasn't suggesting a ban, I am merely curious as to
why someone is mentioning prices in $ in a uk group.

Ivor

Reads like a spammer to me, especially when you look at the thread below.
Old July 21st 06, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
My Name

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:38:51 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

$..? This is a UK group..

Ivor

He was quoting an ad from an American web site.
Old July 21st 06, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
My Name

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:08:31 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

You misunderstand. I wasn't suggesting a ban, I am merely curious as to
why someone is mentioning prices in $ in a uk group.

The gadget in question is sold for, AFAIR, $29.99

It is compatible with use in the UK.

Now, my question is this:
Can the MG3 be used with other VOIP services, or is it locked into
Voice Stick?

Old July 21st 06, 06:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"David Floyd" wrote in message

In message of Fri, 21 Jul 2006, Ivor Jones writes
"alexd" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

"News Reader" wrote in message

P.s. This is probably the best / cheapest I have
found assuming my understanding of its
specification / capabilities is correct - the MG3
at $29.99 from voicestick.com.

$..? This is a UK group..

Perhaps you could update the charter and specifically
ban the mention of any country other than the UK, and
the use of any currency symbols other than to avoid
confusion?

You misunderstand. I wasn't suggesting a ban, I am
merely curious as to why someone is mentioning prices
in $ in a uk group.

Do you mean that you have NEVER bought online something
priced in $ or ?

No, never.

Ivor

Ivor

Old July 21st 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
elk

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:04:25 GMT, alexd wrote:

Perhaps you could update the charter and specifically ban the mention of any
country other than the UK

Fortunately one individual cannot amend a charter it takes a vote organised in
the prescribed manor, even if that person thinks they own the group.
Old July 23rd 06, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephen Peterson

"News Reader" wrote in message

Hi,

Can anyone advise:

(1) - Cheapest ATA
(2) - Cheapest ATA supporting POTS line and multiple SIP service
provider accounts

Thank in advance and best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. This is probably the best / cheapest I have found assuming my
understanding of its specification / capabilities is correct - the MG3 at
$29.99 from voicestick.com.

The simplest Fritz box from AVM ranks among the cheapest out there that
handles a number of SIP accounts plus a standard phone line. You can program
it to always route calls to certain numbers over certain accounts including
the POTS line. Handy for 999 calls. I've had one for around a year and it
seems pretty bulletproof.

S.