GIZMO - free calls

Old July 21st 06, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris

Default GIZMO - free calls

What do you think to this Gizmo free calls thing?

http://www.gizmoproject.com/learnmore-allcallsfree.html
--
Chris
Old July 21st 06, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Chris wrote:
What do you think to this Gizmo free calls thing?

http://www.gizmoproject.com/learnmore-allcallsfree.html
--
Chris

Yeah I saw this today too. As I read it, the calls are only free to
other active gizmo user landlines.....so if the number you want to call
is not associated to a gizmo user, the call isn't free. Maybe I
misunderstood it.

Old July 21st 06, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

paul123 wrote:
Chris wrote:
What do you think to this Gizmo free calls thing?

http://www.gizmoproject.com/learnmore-allcallsfree.html

Yeah I saw this today too. As I read it, the calls are only free to
other active gizmo user landlines.....so if the number you want to call
is not associated to a gizmo user, the call isn't free. Maybe I
misunderstood it.

No, that seems to be accurate. To get the calls free, you must be
calling another active Gizmo user (and you need to be active) and the
number you are dialling must be in the recipients "profile" as one of
their contact numbers.
Old July 21st 06, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin Jay

In message . com,
paul123 writes
Chris wrote:
What do you think to this Gizmo free calls thing?

http://www.gizmoproject.com/learnmore-allcallsfree.html

Yeah I saw this today too. As I read it, the calls are only free to
other active gizmo user landlines.....so if the number you want to call
is not associated to a gizmo user, the call isn't free. Maybe I
misunderstood it.

Yes, that's the way I read it too.

'An "active" account is one that is used regularly to make voice calls
using the Gizmo Project software. If both you and your Gizmo friend have
active accounts, you are eligible for the All Calls Free plan.'

And with a 10MBytes download, their software seems a bit on the large
size.

I've been using http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/ for free calls.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
Old July 21st 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:12:47 +0100, Martin Jay
wrote:

In message . com,
paul123 writes
Chris wrote:
What do you think to this Gizmo free calls thing?

http://www.gizmoproject.com/learnmore-allcallsfree.html

Yeah I saw this today too. As I read it, the calls are only free to
other active gizmo user landlines.....so if the number you want to call
is not associated to a gizmo user, the call isn't free. Maybe I
misunderstood it.

Yes, that's the way I read it too.

'An "active" account is one that is used regularly to make voice calls
using the Gizmo Project software. If both you and your Gizmo friend have
active accounts, you are eligible for the All Calls Free plan.'

And with a 10MBytes download, their software seems a bit on the large
size.

I've been using http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/ for free calls.

I tried calling into a gizmo number via sipbroker, dialling *747 etc.
It rang and I heard them speak via a Nokia 770 on wiFi, but,
apparently, they couldn't hear me. The same set up did work via the
gizmo 'party line'.
Possibly a 'one off'.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.