BT total broadband wireless

Old July 21st 06, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default BT total broadband wireless

The BT total broadband package says that you get 250 wireless minutes inc.
Can I just confirm please that these are openzone minutes and not for using
a wireless router at home?

Old July 21st 06, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message
The BT total broadband package says that you get 250 wireless minutes inc.
Can I just confirm please that these are openzone minutes and not for
using a wireless router at home?

You thinking of coming back then?

I don't know the answer to your question but cannot logically see how they
could either charge for or restrict time on your wireless router as the
wireless bit simply replaces your ethernet/usb cable and is totally local.
Therefore I think they must be Openzone.
--
Keith Willcocks

Old July 21st 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Keith Willcocks" wrote in message

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message
The BT total broadband package says that you get 250 wireless minutes
inc. Can I just confirm please that these are openzone minutes and not
for using a wireless router at home?

You thinking of coming back then?

I don't know the answer to your question but cannot logically see how they
could either charge for or restrict time on your wireless router as the
wireless bit simply replaces your ethernet/usb cable and is totally local.
Therefore I think they must be Openzone.

Not yet. Still under PN contract.
Thinking of going back because of their new giganews news server. The
Plusnet text only news server really is not good enough now.

Old July 21st 06, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message

The BT total broadband package says that you get 250 wireless minutes inc.
Can I just confirm please that these are openzone minutes and not for
using a wireless router at home?

Yes - Openzone minutes.

Old July 21st 06, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message

"Keith Willcocks" wrote in message

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message
The BT total broadband package says that you get 250 wireless minutes
inc. Can I just confirm please that these are openzone minutes and not
for using a wireless router at home?

You thinking of coming back then?

I don't know the answer to your question but cannot logically see how
they could either charge for or restrict time on your wireless router as
the wireless bit simply replaces your ethernet/usb cable and is totally
local. Therefore I think they must be Openzone.

Not yet. Still under PN contract.
Thinking of going back because of their new giganews news server. The
Plusnet text only news server really is not good enough now.

The most impressive thing about the new set up is the retention period.
Seems to be measured in years rather than days. I can access the BT
support group back to when it started last August.
--
Keith Willcocks

Old July 21st 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Keith Willcocks" wrote in message

The most impressive thing about the new set up is the retention period.
Seems to be measured in years rather than days. I can access the BT
support group back to when it started last August.

Its gutting because I left BT must have been a couple of weeks before they
upgraded. Giganews have the best post retention in the world don't they?
I know I should not have left, went for saving money. Always the bad
mistake to make.

Old July 22nd 06, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 21 Jul 2006, "Beck" [email protected] wrote:

Not yet. Still under PN contract.

Just to annoy, they scrapped the fee for monthly contracts (from 01/07)

Thinking of going back because of their new giganews news server.

Ah, yes. The one I now have access to (since switching to an Evolution
account - peak hours are from 1800 to 0000 with a 'fair use' policy for
the non-peak hours)... Seems to work fine for me though... Peter M.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedchart.asp?id=115350664063355408