BB speed test

Old July 22nd 06, 07:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Orite

Default BB speed test

Is there a decent speed test websites for Broadband users? adslguide.org.uk
and dslzoneuk.net I already know about.

--
"Off all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most."
~ Ozzy Osbourne

Old July 22nd 06, 07:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

"Orite" wrote in message
Is there a decent speed test websites for Broadband users?
adslguide.org.uk and dslzoneuk.net I already know about.

--
"Off all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most."
~ Ozzy Osbourne

..
..
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

Old July 22nd 06, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Orite

"Alan" wrote in message
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

Thanks,

I got:
Download Speed: 5405 kbps (675.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 375 kbps (46.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
with that site

DSLZone reports
2.91 Mbps which is around 372.36 KB/s including overheads

and ADSLGuide reports
Downstream 4,798.3 Kbps( = 4.7 Mbps )
Upstream 376.1 Kbps( = 0.4 Mbps )

Just one thing, Why the differance in reuslts?!

I have ZoneAlarm, Avast and IncrediMail running on my taskbar..

Old July 22nd 06, 08:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

"Orite" wrote in message
Is there a decent speed test websites for Broadband users?
adslguide.org.uk and dslzoneuk.net I already know about.

--
"Off all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most."
~ Ozzy Osbourne

..
This supposed to be a good one also.
..
http://www.auditmypc.com/internet-speed-test.asp

Old July 22nd 06, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Orite" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

Thanks,

I got:
Download Speed: 5405 kbps (675.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 375 kbps (46.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
with that site

DSLZone reports
2.91 Mbps which is around 372.36 KB/s including overheads

and ADSLGuide reports
Downstream 4,798.3 Kbps( = 4.7 Mbps )
Upstream 376.1 Kbps( = 0.4 Mbps )

Just one thing, Why the differance in reuslts?!

Servers located in different places with differing lengths of pathway in
between..?

Ivor

Old July 22nd 06, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterD

Orite wrote:

I have ZoneAlarm, Avast and IncrediMail running on my taskbar..

Just a word of caution - a lot of people (myself included) automatically
delete anything from IncrediMail. It's one of those appalling pieces of
software that looks great to the user, and hideous to everyone else.

--
Pd