BroadbanterBanter

BroadbanterBanter (http://www.broadbandbanter.co.uk/forum.php)
-   uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (http://www.broadbandbanter.co.uk/uk-telecom-broadband-uk-broadband/)
-   -   TalkTalk Small Print (http://www.broadbandbanter.co.uk/28641-talktalk-small-print.html)

[email protected] July 22nd 06 11:36 AM

TalkTalk Small Print

Although I would never switch to TalkTalk broadband, I do use their
"Talk1" phone package. This was disconnected by someone, without my
knowledge or authority, and I am at present in the middle of their
long-winded reconnection process.
The Welcome pack I have (again) received this morning includes, in the
small print on the back page:
"Note on Free Forever: After a one-off 29.99 connection fee, our
broadband service will be offered for as long as you remain a Talk3
International customer and we provide the broadband service on our
network."
So it looks as if this "forever" might be rather a short time if someone
else steps in to take over TalkTalk.

Gordon

[email protected] July 22nd 06 04:16 PM

TalkTalk Small Print

On 22-Jul-2006, wrote:

"Note on Free Forever: After a one-off 29.99 connection fee, our
broadband service will be offered for as long as you remain a Talk3
International customer and we provide the broadband service on our
network."
So it looks as if this "forever" might be rather a short time if someone
else steps in to take over TalkTalk.

As I read it the operative bit is

Free Forever .....as long as you remain a Talk3 International customer

So if someone else takes over TT they may continue the Talk 3
tariff. If they tried to discontinue the package they might be
construed to be in breach of contract.

Better than TT going belly up, and someone buying the title
from the liquidator, but not any obligation to honour
existing agreements.
In this case "on our network" rears its head, since TT might be
construed to no longer exist, and their network would
no longer exist as a TT network.
That said, no one continuing as TT
would want to lose its customer base, which is the valuable
part.

poster July 23rd 06 12:29 AM

TalkTalk Small Print

On 22 Jul 2006, wrote:

On 22-Jul-2006,
wrote:

"Note on Free Forever: After a one-off 29.99 connection fee, our
broadband service will be offered for as long as you remain a Talk3
International customer and we provide the broadband service on our
network."

So it looks as if this "forever" might be rather a short time if someone
else steps in to take over TalkTalk.

As I read it the operative bit is

Free Forever .....as long as you remain a Talk3 International customer

So if someone else takes over TT they may continue the Talk 3 tariff. If
they tried to discontinue the package they might be construed to be in
breach of contract. ...

In this case "on our network" rears its head, since TT might be construed
to no longer exist, and their network would no longer exist as a TT network.

I read it in a somewhat different way - with emphasis on the "AND" such that
if TalkTalk decided that broadband was too costly, they could sell just that
portion of the service to someone else, and give the user the two options of

a) no broadband (the line will be rented to TalkTalk, so BT won't offer any
of their normal BT Wholesale products on it) ... OR

b) XYZ Internet, where XYZ Internet has done a deal to buy the kit from TT,
and XYZ Internet charges users a monthly fee.

The "Free" TalkTalk broadband is free while TT provides broadband and user
is on Talk 3 International. If either of those two things isn't the case,
then there's no longer an obligation on TT for it to be free... Peter M.