123-Reg

Old July 22nd 06, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R.Daneel Olivaw

Default 123-Reg

Thinking of transferring one of my domains to 123-Reg.

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them.

Also does their URL Masking add anything in the way of adverts or banners.
The actual website the domain names points to is hosted on one of my own
computers and I don't want any added

Thanx

Old July 22nd 06, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Thinking of transferring one of my domains to 123-Reg.
Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them.
Also does their URL Masking add anything in the way of adverts or banners.
The actual website the domain names points to is hosted on one of my own
computers and I don't want any added

No problem, other than they (Pipex, the owner of 123-reg) really f*cked
up their hosting a while ago and didn't bother to tell anyone.

I emailed Pipex (I think) four times over a period of about 4 months,
only to be asked in the final email if I was using the right address for
the ftp server - one they hadn`t actually told me about - the old ftp
address was still working, it just wasn`t updating the correct copy of
the webpage.

For domain handling 123-reg are good - its just Pipex themselves who
can't host their way out of a paper bag :-)
Old July 22nd 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

:
: Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them.
:
: Also does their URL Masking add anything in the way of adverts or banners.
: The actual website the domain names points to is hosted on one of my own
: computers and I don't want any added
:
: Thanx
:
:

Take a look here http://host.kick-butt.co.uk and compare what you get for
your money.

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk

Old July 22nd 06, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:41:30 +0100, "R.Daneel Olivaw"
wrote:

Thinking of transferring one of my domains to 123-Reg.

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them.

Also does their URL Masking add anything in the way of adverts or banners.
The actual website the domain names points to is hosted on one of my own
computers and I don't want any added

Thanx

I have 15 registrations with them and apart from their pre-registration
service have found everything A1. No problem with their URL masking, some of
the Domains with them do just that. As an example URL www.all-recovery.co.uk
is hosted on a resellers account with web forwarding of www.all-recovery.com
registered with 123 pointing towards www.all-recovery.co.uk. No adverts are
added by 123 for this service and unlike other registrars you don't have to
pay an extra sum to have the adverts inhibited.

Bottom line is - go for it.

David Bradley

Old July 22nd 06, 01:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

wrote:

Thinking of transferring one of my domains to 123-Reg.

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them.

Also does their URL Masking add anything in the way of adverts or
banners.
The actual website the domain names points to is hosted on one of my own
computers and I don't want any added

Thanx

5 years with them - multiple domains and POP3 boxes.

Never had any problems at all.

Clive
Old July 22nd 06, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

I use 123 however only for tag management. I use xname.org for DNS and do
the actual hosting on our own server. I did use zoneedit for DNS but had a
whole load of problems and xname have been better. No problems with 123
though.

--
Colin
Old July 22nd 06, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

wrote:

Thinking of transferring one of my domains to 123-Reg.

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them.

Also does their URL Masking add anything in the way of adverts or banners.
The actual website the domain names points to is hosted on one of my own
computers and I don't want any added

Thanx

Hi,

I recently purchased 3 domain names from them - all went smoothly, I
don't appear to have had any problems.

--
Cheers

Peter

Please remove the invalid to reply
Old July 22nd 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

R.Daneel Olivaw on the Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:41:30 +0100 posted a message
to which I wish to reply with...

Thinking of transferring one of my domains to 123-Reg.

Better off posting to, for example, alt.internet.providers.uk
Old July 22nd 06, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

"R.Daneel Olivaw" wrote in message
Thinking of transferring one of my domains to 123-Reg.

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them.

I use it for email forwarding. Works fine - which reminds me, my two year
renewal is due soon.

--

Michael Chare

Old July 22nd 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Peterson

"R.Daneel Olivaw" wrote in message
Thinking of transferring one of my domains to 123-Reg.

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them.

Also does their URL Masking add anything in the way of adverts or banners.
The actual website the domain names points to is hosted on one of my own
computers and I don't want any added

Thanx

Few problems and extremely good value for money. They do all my domains and
hosting. Only niggles have been the mediocre webmail interface and delays
with the .eu pre-registration process.

As others have said, no ads appear with the url masking.. just an invisible
frame.

Stephen.