Disconnection problem

Old July 22nd 06, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default Disconnection problem

Hi,

I use a D-Link DSL-504 ADSL Router - recently my connection has
started dropping for no obvious reason. If I access the router via the
IP address I am unable to get the connection back by clicking
"connect", what I have to do is re-enter my user name, my password ,
the authentication and encapsulation details (although they are still
there), hit modify and up comes the connection

My question is:

Is this a problem with my router, my line or my ISP - or something
else?

--
Cheers

Peter

Please remove the invalid to reply
Old July 22nd 06, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Peter says...
Hi,

I use a D-Link DSL-504 ADSL Router - recently my connection has
started dropping for no obvious reason. If I access the router via the
IP address I am unable to get the connection back by clicking
"connect", what I have to do is re-enter my user name, my password ,
the authentication and encapsulation details (although they are still
there), hit modify and up comes the connection

My question is:

Is this a problem with my router, my line or my ISP - or something
else?

this might sound incredibly strange, but are you using Firefox to access
the router? For some reason D-Link routers can do strange things unless
you use IE.

Mine was forever losing passwords, but using IE instead of Firefox cured
the problem! It was a 'cure' I found posted somewhere and tried
successfully.

FR
Old July 22nd 06, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 14:49:19 +0100, Flying Rat
wrote:

[...]

Yes, I am using Firefox to re-load the passwords etc- although all the
details appear to be unchanged - I just have to re-enter them over
what exists before hitting modify.

I shall use IE next time it claggs out - nothing ventured etc

Many thanks

Old July 23rd 06, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

wrote:

[...]

Tried your suggestion next time my connection dropped - it dropped
again within 1 hour - back to the drawing board. I may contact D-Link.