recommendations-ip cameras?

Old July 22nd 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
tarquinlinbin

Default recommendations-ip cameras?

Hello,
I am looking for an ip camera which can, if required,operate without
the pc being powered up and can be used as a cctv/security cam. It
would have some kind of motion detector software on board,a web server
and could remote store captured video.I need to have one with decent
optics and that can work in lowish light conditions. So many cctv type
cams have rubbish optics/pics that they are useless. Any suggestions
please? I am in the home user market so cant really spend thousands!

jo