virgin.net and wireless router

Old July 22nd 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Aaron

Default virgin.net and wireless router

Hi,

Just joined the group from uk.telecom.

I'm trying to use virgin.net bradband with a NetGear wireless router
for a PC and a laptop. It often works fine, but you can often go for
days at a time without being able to connect. During the times, the
ADSL lamp on the router flashes orange, indicating a fault. I've had
this issue for nearly a year now, and find virign support usless. The
blame the router/BT/Al-quedia or anything but it never gets sorted.

Should I move to BT or this new BB offer from Sky? Despite paying for
a 1MB connection, the speed seems to be more like 400kps.

Thanks.