Sipura SPA1001

Old July 22nd 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Default Sipura SPA1001

I've been successfully using the following dialplan on Line 1 of the
SPA1001

|123457S0:76 |:01274[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|xx.)

Line 1 is configured for voip.co.uk, Line 2 is Sipgate.

Basically, I want calls to 123456 & 123457 to go via Sipgate (as they
would be free at all times), hence the @sipgate elements.

It has been working as expected for 2 months.

Now, in order to dial over Sipgate, it will only work if the number is
prefixed with #, which is used to select Line 2. I don't want to have
to remember to select Line 2 - I want the dialplan to be honoured.

Can anyone think why it may not be working?

Cheers.

Old July 22nd 06, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote
in message
yonder.com.co.uk
I've been successfully using the following dialplan on
Line 1 of the SPA1001

|123457S0:76 |:01274[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|xx.)

Line 1 is configured for voip.co.uk, Line 2 is Sipgate.

Basically, I want calls to 123456 & 123457 to go via
Sipgate (as they would be free at all times), hence the
@sipgate elements.
It has been working as expected for 2 months.

Now, in order to dial over Sipgate, it will only work if
the number is prefixed with #, which is used to select
Line 2. I don't want to have to remember to select Line 2
- I want the dialplan to be honoured.
Can anyone think why it may not be working?

Cheers.

I wasn't aware that you could do this, I have a 1001 I use when travelling
but I've not used it extensively and both accounts are currently on
Sipgate.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but surely it's easier to dial a
simple # prefix rather than mucking about with dialplans..? Also you would
be blocking Line 1 for incoming calls when calling a number on the network
that Line 2 is on, if you see what I mean..?!\

Ivor

I don't know, but can't you simply specify those numbers in the speed dial
memories and use that..? Be aware th

Old July 22nd 06, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Ivor Jones wrote on 22/07/2006 :

"Jono" wrote
in message
yonder.com.co.uk
I've been successfully using the following dialplan on
Line 1 of the SPA1001

|123457S0:76 |:01274[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|xx.)

Line 1 is configured for voip.co.uk, Line 2 is Sipgate.

Basically, I want calls to 123456 & 123457 to go via
Sipgate (as they would be free at all times), hence the
@sipgate elements.
It has been working as expected for 2 months.

Now, in order to dial over Sipgate, it will only work if
the number is prefixed with #, which is used to select
Line 2. I don't want to have to remember to select Line 2
- I want the dialplan to be honoured.
Can anyone think why it may not be working?

Cheers.

I wasn't aware that you could do this, I have a 1001 I use when travelling
but I've not used it extensively and both accounts are currently on Sipgate.

.....I don't seem to be able to do this (anymore)

I know it's not what you want to hear, but surely it's easier to dial a
simple # prefix rather than mucking about with dialplans..? Also you would be
blocking Line 1 for incoming calls when calling a number on the network that
Line 2 is on, if you see what I mean..?!\

For simplicity in my original post, I substituted "My non-techie-mum"
with "I".

It's hardly mucking about with dialplans - having two entries to
transpose 2 PSTN numbers to 2 Sipgate SIP numbers

/I/ could use a # - my Mum's a different matter.

It doesn't block either line as call waiting is activated.

Ivor

I don't know, but can't you simply specify those numbers in the speed dial
memories and use that..? Be aware th

Probably, though still same issue of acceptance.